[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I love the picture of Tina and Mia. The 'I never saw that' always turns me right off. I've never seen China, DNA, or George Washington but I wouldn't use that as an excuse to disbelieve in them!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I love the picture of Tina and Mia. The 'I never saw that' always turns me right off. I've never seen China, DNA, or George Washington but I wouldn't use that as an excuse to disbelieve in them!
    She never said that there was never any violence between Ike & Tina. In fact, it says..."[[She/Mia) has struggled to come to terms with her father's violence towards Tina.

She simply did not see any because they did not physically fight in front of her. She was a kid, so that would make sense.

Mia Turner just confirmed what I has always suspected and that is Ike & Tina would hit each other. What kind of woman would stay with a man for two decades that was beating her unless she was just as gangsta as him?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Mia Turner just confirmed what I has always suspected and that is Ike & Tina would hit each other. What kind of woman would stay with a man for two decades that was beating her unless she was just as gangsta as him?

SMH. You really are the last person that should be discussing the abuse of women.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    SMH. You really are the last person that should be discussing the abuse of women.
    One thing we have learned over the years here is that some of the posters are more accepting of domestic abuse than others. Research seems to point out that domestic abusers frequently experienced or witnessed domestic abuse themselves in their early years.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    One thing we have learned over the years here is that some of the posters are more accepting of domestic abuse than others. Research seems to point out that domestic abusers frequently experienced or witnessed domestic abuse themselves in their early years.
    Which leaves me SMH in 2019.

Which leaves me SMH in 2019.
    Right, Ms. Roberta? Some of us learn on a daily basis. Some of us do not. Be well, my righteous friend!

Until you take the time to research the subject of domestic violence and battered women's syndrome, you're not equipped to participate in this conversation. And I don't mean that in a demeaning or flippant way, but you obviously lack knowledge regarding the subject. It's actually a subject that the health community has been studying in great detail for decades now. In addition to any official resources you may find, like various studies that have been done, I'd also refer you to re-read [[assuming you've read it before) Tina's book. Perhaps she'd give you some insight from her own experience as to why she stayed. [[I haven't read her book since the 90s so I don't remember if she wrote about her mind set.) I'd also refer you to Mary Wilson's second book. I believe she writes about where her mind was in relation to remaining with an abusive spouse. The mindset of an abused woman...actually an abused person period...might surprise you and make you think. Good luck on your search.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Until you take the time to research the subject of domestic violence and battered women's syndrome, you're not equipped to participate in this conversation. And I don't mean that in a demeaning or flippant way, but you obviously lack knowledge regarding the subject. It's actually a subject that the health community has been studying in great detail for decades now. In addition to any official resources you may find, like various studies that have been done, I'd also refer you to re-read [[assuming you've read it before) Tina's book. Perhaps she'd give you some insight from her own experience as to why she stayed. [[I haven't read her book since the 90s so I don't remember if she wrote about her mind set.) I'd also refer you to Mary Wilson's second book. I believe she writes about where her mind was in relation to remaining with an abusive spouse. The mindset of an abused woman...actually an abused person period...might surprise you and make you think. Good luck on your search.

Your 120% right RanRan89.

Your 120% right RanRan89.
    Very well stated. And I may add, just how much do we know about Mia to be assured that every word she says is true? And is it not impossible that someone's daughter may have a skewed view of her father? And that she may not have witnessed every behavior of her father? And that just perhaps her childhood memories 50 years later may not be 100% factual? And that the fact that someone is selling a commercial project just maybe could change that someone's recall? Just wondering. Purely an intellectual exercise. As if ...

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I can participate in any open forum conversation on here .
    I know enough that women also hit men. Women also kill men in domestic fights. I know that the movie and the book was only one side of the story. I know from living that women have called the police on their husbands and boyfriends during a domestic dispute and then when the cops come to arrest the guy, the women will protest and beg the cops not to arrest or harm the man.
    I also know that any woman that chooses to stay in a situation where she is getting her butt beat is just as wrong as the man and she knows that she is a participant in that abuse. She'll start shit, hit the man with something and then run and take cover when he comes back on her. Tina Turner was no shrinking violet. She is known to have cursed out and beaten up Ikettes over something as simple as not getting the steps right during a song. So you can cry me a river all you want over Anna Mae. She knows she was just as guilty and messed up as Ike. You want to refer me to a book? I'll refer you to Bettye LaVette's book!
    Last edited by marv2; 05-24-2019 at 11:40 PM.

I can participate in any open forum conversation on here .
    I know enough that women also hit men. Women also kill men in domestic fights. I know that the movie and the book was only one side of the story. I know from living that women have called the police on their husbands and boyfriends during a domestic dispute and then when the cops come to arrest the guy, the women will protest and beg the cops not to arrest or harm the man.
    I also know that any woman that chooses to stay in a situation where she is getting her butt beat is just as wrong as the man and she knows that she is a participant in that abuse. She'll start shit, hit the man with something and then run and take cover when he comes back on her. Tina Turner was no shrinking violet. She is known to have cursed out and beaten up Ikettes over something as simple as not getting the steps right during a song. So you can cry me a river all you want over Anna Mae. She knows she was just as guilty and messed up as Ike. You want to refer me to a book? I'll refer you to Bettye LaVette's book!
    You absolutely can participate in any discussion. My question to you would be why would you want to be a part of a discussion about a subject you clearly do not understand? Sure, I could chime in on a discussion about astrophysics but I'm going to look like an idiot because I'm ill equipped with knowledge about the subject at hand.

Women do hit men. Women do start some domestic fights. I've known it to happen. There's even videos of it happening on Youtube. There are also instances of children physically abusing their parents, hitting and slapping and scratching their parents. But does that erase the fact that children are abused everyday by parents and other adults all across the country? Of course not. You're bringing up one subject but that's not the subject we're discussing. So either you're bringing it up out of ignorance or you're bringing it up to justify a woman being beaten.

Do you have any plans to do any of the research I suggested you do?