[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Marv davis rip

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    I've long been aware of my own mortality and have been especially more aware over the last three years of health battles and surgeries. I, for one fully approve of the banning
    of monica rivers. This goes beyond notions of free speech which has always been a
    fluctuating concept in not only this country but the world at large anyway...For someone
    to celebrate the passing of any other human being unless that individual had actually
    directly and physically harmed them in real life...well, I have to say this is someone I would not want to chat over b-sides or whatever on the weekly. Often Marv would
    post things I had no use for but I just kept my mouth shut because I knew it was just a matter of differences in personal taste. As far as the time I have left I know I can't guarantee her a bright future or better world but my niece is all I care about. I do hope the best to all others but I have to add:
    F&*K monica rivers....JMO....
    ALL of this. Ralph, you absolutely made the right decision. What is banning for if not for this? Heaven forfend Marv's family should stumble across that mess. Free speech is NOT free. It's one of the cornerstones of democracy and one which I treasure and hold dear, but what it signifies is that you are free to suffer the consequences of said speech. Not a "radical" idea at all. Go ahead, yell "fire" in a crowded theater. Knock yourself out...but don't come crying about "free speech" and "radical agendas" when your tail gets locked up. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Again, rest in power, marv2.
    Last edited by sansradio; 09-30-2020 at 02:25 PM.