[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Diana's Duets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    "Love on the Line" was one of my favorites on the LP and would have worked good as a single.
    it's definitely a solid song but i think the end result we got was very underwhelming. Diana is singing in such a whispy breathy way. this is one of the "Best" examples IMO of how badly the Gibbs produced her vocals. I don't know what they instructed her to do or if she just refused to listen to them. but whatever the decision then they mixed the vocal so far back into the track that often it's almost intelligible. and i think the nasality of the Gibbs on backing vocals really doesn't mesh well.

but that all said lol, i do think this was a nice song had it been totally reworked. i can hear it being something much better than it was

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    it's definitely a solid song but i think the end result we got was very underwhelming. Diana is singing in such a whispy breathy way. this is one of the "Best" examples IMO of how badly the Gibbs produced her vocals. I don't know what they instructed her to do or if she just refused to listen to them. but whatever the decision then they mixed the vocal so far back into the track that often it's almost intelligible. and i think the nasality of the Gibbs on backing vocals really doesn't mesh well.

but that all said lol, i do think this was a nice song had it been totally reworked. i can hear it being something much better than it was
    Nothing on “EA” for me is remotely as bad as the rather awful “Girls” which i seem to remember you dig Mr S lol.
    The ”Eaten Alive” single should have been a duet with MJ with not a single Bee Gee falsetto in sight.
    I don’t agree about “Love In The Line”, finding it a really good track that i think could have made for a memorable duet.
    I actually like the fact Diana’s voice sounds a little different on this album.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Nothing on “EA” for me is remotely as bad as the rather awful “Girls” which i seem to remember you dig Mr S lol.
    The ”Eaten Alive” single should have been a duet with MJ with not a single Bee Gee falsetto in sight.
    I don’t agree about “Love In The Line”, finding it a really good track that i think could have made for a memorable duet.
    I actually like the fact Diana’s voice sounds a little different on this album.
    hahaha - yes i do happy to enjoy Girls. and I Am Me too lol. and even Turn Me Over! lol

now i wouldn't say those 3 tunes are all-time classics. but they're fun and innocuous. Turn Me Over is more like a "hidden track" even though those weren't really a thing back then. more just a playful element of the lp side being complete than any sort of serious song.

as for EA, even if her vocals were properly produced, i just don't find any of the tracks as magical as what Barry provided to Barbra for Guilty. I'll admit it's hard to separate my annoyance with the sound of the tunes but i don't think Love On The Live as a duet would be anywhere near as exciting as Guilty. and Oh Teacher and Crime of Passion are not to the level of Woman in Love or Promises. Same with Experience and Don't Give Up - not nearly as strong of songs as Run Wild or The Love Inside.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    hahaha - yes i do happy to enjoy Girls. and I Am Me too lol. and even Turn Me Over! lol

now i wouldn't say those 3 tunes are all-time classics. but they're fun and innocuous. Turn Me Over is more like a "hidden track" even though those weren't really a thing back then. more just a playful element of the lp side being complete than any sort of serious song.

as for EA, even if her vocals were properly produced, i just don't find any of the tracks as magical as what Barry provided to Barbra for Guilty. I'll admit it's hard to separate my annoyance with the sound of the tunes but i don't think Love On The Live as a duet would be anywhere near as exciting as Guilty. and Oh Teacher and Crime of Passion are not to the level of Woman in Love or Promises. Same with Experience and Don't Give Up - not nearly as strong of songs as Run Wild or The Love Inside.
    I love the songs on Guilty, but find some of Bab’s vocals interpretations a little sharp and hard edged at times.
    I do agree that unlike Guilty, EA lacked a killer ballad to follow the irresistible “Chain Reaction”. I would have loved for Diana to have recorded “Run Wild”, probably my favourite track off that album.