[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    At the mentioned show that I attended, she also did a beautiful performance of Nancy Wilson's "When October Goes". I remember thinking at the time that she should go into the studio sometime to record this song for a jazz album. I am grateful that this same Youtuber recorded her performance of this song the evening prior, in Richmond Hill. I remember she seemed tired compared to previous times I had seen her, as she had literally just come off of Dancing With The Stars and the mini-press tour, a day before she came over to Canada to do these two shows. However, she pushed through and delivered great performances.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoeCcVW7G00

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    At the mentioned show that I attended, she also did a beautiful performance of Nancy Wilson's "When October Goes". I remember thinking at the time that she should go into the studio sometime to record this song for a jazz album. I am grateful that this same Youtuber recorded her performance of this song the evening prior, in Richmond Hill. I remember she seemed tired compared to previous times I had seen her, as she had literally just come off of Dancing With The Stars and the mini-press tour, a day before she came over to Canada to do these two shows. However, she pushed through and delivered great performances.

This is a stunning rendition of the song Carlo, filled with pathos and longing. As with Gladys Knight, Mary’s voice really stood the test of time.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post

Beautiful Carlo! No doubt in my mind, Mary recording this type of music would have really changed the musical discussions regarding her success and her talent.

It's kind of interesting to me that the older they got, the more jazz and standards really were where Mary and Diana seemed to really shine, yet neither would cash in on it often.