[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: The N Word

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Marv:

Indeed, that I know to be true.

I also find that other ethnics tend to overcharge us by at least 3 or 4 dollars. Truthfully, I believe that they do that so that we'll leave the cab & they can either cherry-pick whom they want to drive, or to hopefully find a sucker who doesn't know what the actual fare should be.

Either way, they do this far too often to be mere coincidence.

Ironically, the one ethnic group whom have been struggling here with us for decades [[as well as our primary minority competitors), the Hispanics, tend to have lower prices than everyone. I have absolutely no problem with them, I've found their cab fares to be exceedingly fair, they don't tend to bullshit you & I appreciate their general fairness & lack of price-gouging.

Though I was originally not going to name the most eggregious of folks, I'm going to do so because I know that they're full of it & so do they. I've found that the most abusive of all cab drivers are either Arab, Indian & the ABSOLUTE worst of all, sorry to say, are the Africans. Many of them are rude, arrogant & when someone comes out the box charging $4 more than the going rate, I believe that to be extremely insulting to ones intelligence.

I wish that a day would come where all of this crap would cease. Then again, this situation goes back to biblical days & if it was happening then, I see nothing today which will change it. The sickening thing for me is that I think back to my childhood & teen years circa the mid-60s - 70s & see how little has truly changed. I grew up during a time when the authorities sprayed peaceful protesters with water hoses, set dogs loose on them, several riots occurred during that period, yet, I never truly experienced the level of prejudice that many did, as well as that which some are intent on revisiting today.

We were kids & we played like kids. There were always some, both black & white who weren't fond of one another & they certainly voiced that in no uncertain terms. However, usually if left to our own devices, we kids got along.

4 decades later, we've supposedly evolved & have made strides away from that negativity. But when you listen to the rhetoric found on talk radio, on blogs & even from the mouths of politicians, it makes you wonder beneath it all, have we REALLY moved away from the nonsense, or is it just something inherent, which only needs the right opportunity & circumstance to reemerge from its dormant state?

If I don't know anything else, I know that I'm sick of this crap & sick of having to discuss it. I guess that it's not really the discussion that makes me sick, but rather the NEED to have to discuss this crap nearly 50 years later.
    Last edited by juicefree20; 08-17-2010 at 09:24 PM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    ... I guess that it's not really the discussion that makes me sick, but rather the NEED to have to discuss this crap nearly 50 years later.
    Exactly, a bitter disappointment.