[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Diana's 20/20 interview after mary's was pretty much a disaster. i do give credit to Diana for at least making an attempt to give a rebuttal to claims. in the past she had really just stuck with the "i won't acknowledge that nonsense" approach and while there's some admiration for taking the high ground, i do think it hurt her. but in Diana's interview with Barbara, she came across as defensive, unprepared and anxious. Mary just came across as wildly bitter in her interview. So in the end, both did serious damage to their own brands and to the legacy/brand of The Supremes
    I remember articles saying damage had been done to everything Supreme - Bookings and money decreased and Mary had to compete with the FLO’s as well and that caused more friction.

Now that all is said and done Diana is regarded by the public as an icon and a national treasure. I think the public has a high regard for the Supremes and their work but the sound remembered is only Diana with some background singers and it’s somewhat known it wasn’t only Supremes in that background. I am not sure if Cindy has a large legacy but amongst fans she is the “kind” Supreme, the warm Supreme and perhaps one that got the shaft. Mary has a legacy larger than Cindy and it would be as a fighter that was a Supreme and tried to keep the Supremes and their name alive.
    Last edited by jobeterob; 09-28-2023 at 11:48 PM.