[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Yo... Moe

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Are you serious? I grew up in Raleigh but the only time I would pull for State was if they were not playing Carolina and only then, when Valvano was coaching. A good friend was State's first Black basketball player but he and Norm Sloane butted heads and he quit. I knew the next one [[Al Heartley) because his brother was the basketball coach at my high school and my best friend dated Ed Leftwich [[the 3rd Black player back then) and ended up marrying Bill Chamberlain. [[UNC) My daughter was good friends with Brad Daugherty when he was at UNC. I'm Dean Dome all the way, although I have been known to pull for Duke. LOL

I use to like pro b- ball back in the day mainly because I either knew or was familiar with many of the players from my area. After Jordan left, pro ball lost it's appeal for me.
    Last edited by ms_m; 12-19-2016 at 04:48 PM. Reason: wrong coach Sloane not Valvan