Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
This is a neat Kim Weston item, a folder sent out by ITMI promoting her. I'm sure at one time it contained a biography on ITMI letterhead, but that is no longer present unfortunately. What is present though is a great photo of Kim, as well as 13 pages of advertisements and stories from period newspapers. I've only seen one other of these folders and it was for Martha and The Vandellas, but I'm sure they existed for all of the major artists at the time. It's surprising to me just how difficult some of this stuff is to find!

Name:  Weston.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  68.7 KB

Name:  Weston Contents.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  96.0 KB
Now THIS is really something! For all the feeling that Motown didn't seem to value Kim, it's interesting to see this. I've never seen anything like this before. Even the photos are quite rare.

Kim was quite young when she was with Motown, but it's easy to forget that given the glitzy dresses and carefully coiffed hairstyles she sported in many photographs; the photo of her in the newspaper clipping makes her look like a teenager getting ready to go to the malt shop! [[amazing how a change of attire can make women appear older or younger than their years.) Kim was a very pretty gal.

You truly have some most incredible items, Darin. You make my collection seem like small potatoes! Seriously though, you've amassed a mosaic of Motown items that really tells much more of The Motown Story- in some ways, better than any book I've read so far.