[REMOVE ADS]

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Jean loves performing--she has said so many times and I see no reason to not believe that, but that doesn't mean she necessarily wants to be on the road twelve months per year. It also doesn't mean that she likes dealing with the nasty political underbelly of the industry, either. That's all I'm saying.

Kenneth,
    You are very perceptive. You know Lynda better than you think you do. I dont know her personally but judging from what I have heard she is a good businesswoman. She saw this as an opportunity and yes stint may have been short but she is a legitimate Supreme.

Marv is not lying about Lynda handling the FLOS business affairs.

Handling business affairs and firing Jean Terrell, the only Supremes lead singer besides DR to sing on top 10 hits, are two different things. I don't have a clue as to why JT left the FLO's--but it seems far fetched that LL had the power to fire the groups star attraction.

Quote Originally Posted by BobC View Post
    Handling business affairs and firing Jean Terrell, the only Supremes lead singer besides DR to sing on top 10 hits, are two different things. I don't have a clue as to why JT left the FLO's--but it seems far fetched that LL had the power to fire the groups star attraction.

Bob, just for clarification. No one here [[at least) said that Lynda Lawrence fired Jean Terrell from the FLO's. It has been said that she quit in 1992! However, in 1996 when she came back to perform that one show and refused to do an encore, she was told that she would not be able to perform as a member of the FLO's again. By that time they had already replaced her with either Lynda's sister, Sundray Tucker or Freddi Poole.

Marv--your reply to me at 12:17, after I asked how LL could have the power to ban JT from the FLO's--you said that even if it was hard to believe, she did it. Banning is firing, isn't it? Someone also posted that LL told her she'd "never perform with the FLO's again." That isn't firing?

It's no big deal--but I didn't imagine that exchange.

From Marv2's post at 11:11:
    "Yeah, but in 1996 Lynda banned Jean Terrell from ever performing as a member of the FLO's again."

Maybe I'm dense, but how is banning different than firing? I don't know much about the FLO's, and maybe Jean was already gone, but she obviously came back for a performance or two.

Lynda Laurence does NOT handle the FLOs business affairs. The man who does has been notified of this vicious and inaccurate posts

His name is Eric Iverson and he has been handling the FLOs for a number of years.

The reason I answered that question, not that I owe anyone an explanation, is that Eric has done an outstanding job with the FLOs and is a true and genuine Supremes fan. It started out as that. He is one of the group's younger fans and has been following them for years. A successful businessman in his own right, he started working with the group a number of years ago. Every entertainer should be so blessed as to have an admirer to show such a labor of love as Eric has shown ALL of the Supremes.

Lynda Laurence has never done ANYTHING to anyone on this board to be accused of such horrific things. She never made such a comment toward Jean as what a rabid, out-of-control fan has posted on numerous sites about her and other ladies in the group as some sort of representative, or in some sick retaliation for Mary Wilson. Mary does NOT know this person, I've spoken with her myself.

The sad thing here is that these wonderful women, who gave us such great music and memories, are exposed to these attacks. They are in their golden years and should respected. If you prefer to see a Mary Wilson show, simply go to those. We have choices here.

In a few more years we may not have those choices. Think about that.

From Marv2's post at 11:11:
    "Yeah, but in 1996 Lynda banned Jean Terrell from ever performing as a member of the FLO's again."

Maybe I'm dense, but how is banning different than firing? I don't know much about the FLO's, and maybe Jean was already gone, but she obviously came back for a performance or two.
    It isn't any different BobC. Not that it really matters because Lynda never banned nor fired Jean Terrell. This is all part of marv2's continuing smear campaign against Lynda Laurence. If you check the archives here at Soulful Detroit, youtube and some Supremes related Yahoo groups, you'll see that marv2 has a long history of trashing Miss Laurence and Diana Ross and spreading falsehoods about both women.

ladonna Guest
    Great post, BayouMotownMan! I've spoken to Mary about this person as well, and as you say, she does not know him.

Quote Originally Posted by ladonna View Post
    Great post, BayouMotownMan! I've spoken to Mary about this person as well, and as you say, she does not know him.
    Interesting but not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    The sad thing here is that these wonderful women, who gave us such great music and memories, are exposed to these attacks. They are in their golden years and should respected. If you prefer to see a Mary Wilson show, simply go to those. We have choices here. In a few more years we may not have those choices. Think about that.
    Bravo BayouMotownMan. Bravo.

Thanks ladonna, Roberta et al. Representatives for the FLOs have the post in reference and will be contacting the appropriate owner of the SDF site. So, let's just all leave it there.

ladonna Guest
    Wow!! Great News!!

Marv--your reply to me at 12:17, after I asked how LL could have the power to ban JT from the FLO's--you said that even if it was hard to believe, she did it. Banning is firing, isn't it? Someone also posted that LL told her she'd "never perform with the FLO's again." That isn't firing?

It's no big deal--but I didn't imagine that exchange.

Well not really [[banning equaling firing) because technically Jean was no longer a part of that group at that time in 1996.
    Look at it this way. You quit your job. but several years later you get invited back to a company Christmas party and for whatever reason, you got drunk, or some how offended the boss so you are told that you are no longer allowed or welcome on company property. That's how I view it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    It isn't any different BobC. Not that it really matters because Lynda never banned nor fired Jean Terrell. This is all part of marv2's continuing smear campaign against Lynda Laurence. If you check the archives here at Soulful Detroit, youtube and some Supremes related Yahoo groups, you'll see that marv2 has a long history of trashing Miss Laurence and Diana Ross and spreading falsehoods about both women.

Nice try "Roberta75" , however you are lying and doing what you do, attempt to start trouble! It will not work, how many times do I have to say that? You do not have to believe anything you don't want to, it doesn't change facts.....get it?

Quote Originally Posted by ladonna View Post
    Now y'all can sit up here and kiss each other and high five each other all night, there are much more interesting things going on. Also for the last time......Mary who? LOL!!! I do not know what you mean. later!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Nice try "Roberta75" , however you are lying and doing what you do, attempt to start trouble! It will not work, how many times do I have to say that? You do not have to believe anything you don't want to, it doesn't change facts.....get it?
    Alas the biggest troublemaker around here is you marv2. You seem to be a very negative and very sad person who I actually feel very sorry for. Consider this my last response to you for now. However you will remain in my prayers.

Good night and God Bless you.

Roberta.

Lovely Roberta. Might I add to simply refer the offensive post[[s) to our moderator so that we can hopefully reclaim what SDF was intended for; the acknowledgment and appreciation of the fabulous Detroit Sound and those that gave themselves to its creation and preservation!

BayouMotownMan, I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you Rick B.? I only ask because I noticed someone referred to you as "Rick" at one point...and I remember Rick B. made an announcement a few years ago that he didn't want anything to do with this forum anymore???

I don't get involved in drama and I don't pick sides, which is why nowadays I usually try to avoid these types of discussions for the most part. Please no one hurt me. I will be innocently watching in the corner, as all of you pull off each others wigs and rip out each others earrings.
    Last edited by carlo; 08-13-2011 at 09:22 PM.

I am that person Carlo. I came back because it was my understanding that this stuff had stopped. Except for one or two exceptions, it did.

I like SDF because I can find out about upcoming releases on CDs, books, vids, etc. It's great to share memories, observations, etc. But when someone slanders, maligns someone I happen to know and admire, and is not here to defend themselves, I'm going to step up. If means getting my membership canceled, so be it.

sorry for some of the misspellings, my keys are sticking. Going look at a MacBook next week. Anybody have one?

Bayou,
    Im sure Eric does handle the affairs for the Flos. I was told by three people [[and maybe I was wrong) that Lynda did. I retract my statement if I am incorrect I dont want to be a part of the FLOS wars. By the way this was told to me 12 years ago if that means anything by people who supposedly knew the FLOS. I dont know Lynda and I dont pretend to.

You're fine Steph, I think for only a brief period Lynda stepped into the position. Eric is a member of SDF, so perhaps he can clarify some of this since it seems to be so pertinent to some for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    sorry for some of the misspellings, my keys are sticking. Going look at a MacBook next week. Anybody have one?
    No, but I think I know what causes sticky keys...

Thank you BayouMotownMan. I enjoy SDF too, even though some posters do annoy me from time to time. It happens. I'm sure I get on some people's nerves too.

I know Lynda does receive a lot of criticism because she has indeed spent more time in the FLOS than in The Supremes. I can understand that point of view, but I don't think it gives anyone the right to be disrespectful towards her. I personally respect her and I think she is very talented. I love her voice and her upbeat attitude. She's very pretty too.

I forget who had told me this...but there's a story about how one fan attended one of Mary's after-show meet and greets several years ago and he mumbled something not so nice about Lynda Laurence and Mary called the fan on it. She basically said she would not tolerate any disrespect towards Lynda.
    Last edited by carlo; 08-13-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Promo bump!

Rick--it would be a beautiful thing if Mary called Diana, or vice versa, and just said "you know, we have both done or said things that we probably wouldn't today, so let's just set this to rest and make a public appearance together." I don't think a concert or tour is possible or even a good idea at this point--but I think seeing the two bury the hatchet publicly would bring closure to a lot of people. I hope they do. None of us are getting any younger.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Before I heard that Lynda Laurence fired her sister Sundray Tucker because she felt she had gain too much weight; had become fat.
    This is an aweful statement to make. Sundray Tucker left the group to follow other persuits - she never saw herself as a longtime member and wanted to concentrate on solo projects [[which came to fruition thanks to Dave and Driving Wheel Records).

And referring to the Lynda/Jean issue - how does anyone on here know what was said by whom and to whom and in what context it was said.

I have met Lynda and she was a very warm and indeed funny person with a riotus laugh [[as has Scherrie).

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Roberta, No venom on my part. I just think her claim to fame a bit over rated, considering how she's leveraged it over the years. Thanks, K
    The fact remains that Lynda was a member of The Supremes and did make some wonderful contributions to the group, both on record and on stage. Since 1986 Lynda has been in a group, alongside Scherrie Payne and four other talented and very charming ladies, Jean Terrell, Sundray Tucker, Freddie Poole and now Joyce Vincent. It is not a Lynda Laurence solo show!

Quote Originally Posted by supremesouluk2 View Post
    This is an aweful statement to make. Sundray Tucker left the group to follow other persuits - she never saw herself as a longtime member and wanted to concentrate on solo projects [[which came to fruition thanks to Dave and Driving Wheel Records). And referring to the Lynda/Jean issue - how does anyone on here know what was said by whom and to whom and in what context it was said.
    Spreading tall tales is all part of his smear campaign against Lynda Laurence. It's disgraceful and it needs to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by supremesouluk2 View Post
    The fact remains that Lynda was a member of The Supremes and did make some wonderful contributions to the group, both on record and on stage. Since 1986 Lynda has been in a group, alongside Scherrie Payne and four other talented and very charming ladies, Jean Terrell, Sundray Tucker, Freddie Poole and now Joyce Vincent. It is not a Lynda Laurence solo show!
    Amen supremesouluk2.

Promo Bump!

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Promo Bump!
    Pray tell, what does "bump" and "promo bump" mean? Forgive my ignorance.

RossHolloway Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    Pray tell, what does "bump" and "promo bump" mean? Forgive my ignorance.
    Simple. It mean, "I have nothing new to add to the conversation, but I enjoy stirring the pot".

Quote Originally Posted by RossHolloway View Post
    Simple. It mean, "I have nothing new to add to the conversation, but I enjoy stirring the pot".
    Okay, thanks. Not sure I even get it now, but thanks again!

ladonna Guest
    Bumping forces the thread to the top of the list, kenneth.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Didn't Mary speak to Diana and ask her to speak to Berry to have any further Supremes offed...........as in, if there were no original members, there would be no further group. And that is what was done?
    That's not quite how Scherrie tells it. Things were rolling along nicely, Mary said on-stage at their final show [[I was there) that she would be going solo but The Supremes would continue with Scherrie & Susaye and a new member. Not long after that show on Sunday, June 12th 1977, Mary was gone, Scherrie and Susaye signed new contracts as Supremes and it was decided that Joyce was going to join them. Scherrie says that the reason the new group didn't get to record or perform was because Diana told Berry [[not Mary through Diana) that she didn't think the group without any original members should continue the legacy and Berry pulled the plug. Seems strange now when you think about 'Diana Ross & The Supremes Return To Love 2000 Tour' doesn't it?!!

Not really -we are talking about Diana Ross here.

Well, not really because Diana is an Original Supreme.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    That's not quite how Scherrie tells it. Things were rolling along nicely, Mary said on-stage at their final show [[I was there) that she would be going solo but The Supremes would continue with Scherrie & Susaye and a new member. Not long after that show on Sunday, June 12th 1977, Mary was gone, Scherrie and Susaye signed new contracts as Supremes and it was decided that Joyce was going to join them. Scherrie says that the reason the new group didn't get to record or perform was because Diana told Berry [[not Mary through Diana) that she didn't think the group without any original members should continue the legacy and Berry pulled the plug. Seems strange now when you think about 'Diana Ross & The Supremes Return To Love 2000 Tour' doesn't it?!!

From all accounts Mary asked Diana to get involved. Of course Sherrie only spoke on what she knew- that Diana spoke to Berry. What she didn't realize at the time was that Mary stabbed her in the back. Mary didn't want the group to go on without her.

....you also have to ask your self, why after all that time would Diana Ross even care? She just didnt out of the blue want to discuss this with Berry. She was far removed from the Supremes at that time. Someone [[MARY WILSON) got her involved.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Not really -we are talking about Diana Ross here.
    Now the truth comes out. I am not surprised in the least!

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    From all accounts Mary asked Diana to get involved. Of course Sherrie only spoke on what she knew- that Diana spoke to Berry. What she didn't realize at the time was that Mary stabbed her in the back. Mary didn't want the group to go on without her.
    .... and you know more than Scherrie Payne, because?

She didn't care unless someone asked for help
    Diana could have told Berry to pull the plug when she left......."think about it"

....you also have to ask your self, why after all that time would Diana Ross even care? She just didnt out of the blue want to discuss this with Berry. She was far removed from the Supremes at that time. Someone [[MARY WILSON) got her involved.

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    She didn't care unless someone asked for help
    Diana could have told Berry to pull the plug when she left......."think about it"
    No, you think about this. We are talking about the same woman that fired her staff of 8 to 9 people and then sent out letters in an attempt to prevent them from working again.

I wonder why Mary did that?

I wonder why Mary did that?
    No, for clarification, it was Diana Ross that did that. She did a lot of other things that I cannot mention, hehehehehe...

Suffice it to say, LOL! It was always "understood" [[generally speaking) that the Supremes were "allowed" to continue after Diane left by Berry for several reasons. One major and real reason was for Mary Wilson to continue her career and to earn income. Diane knew this and when the time came that Mary was no longer in the group, she went to Berry and had him do what she had wanted done a long time ago....... The Supremes would only exist as a memory and of course as a part of her solo act in medley form!