[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The New Mary Wilson release: "Life's Been Good to Me"!

Hello everyone. Mary's new single from her latest CD, "Life's Been Good to Me" has finally dropped! Here is a copy of the cover:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Still a very beautiful woman!

Quote Originally Posted by juicefree20 View Post
    Still a very beautiful woman!
    Mary was always so pretty.

topdiva1 Guest
    Mary Wilson is just plain drop dead gorgeous - and a great singer.
    Last edited by topdiva1; 03-02-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Yeah, yeah.
    Last edited by Kamasu_Jr; 03-02-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamasu_Jr View Post
    Who the hell is Mary Wilkson?
    C'mon who is she?

topdiva1 Guest
    Who the hell is Mary Wilkson?
    Now every one here knows i cannot spell. hehehehehe
    But we did not need you to point it out.

Heck I was thinking it was what they called her in her childhood like Diane so I just went with the flow.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    Heck I was thinking it was what they called her in her childhood like Diane so I just went with the flow.
    LOL thanks. It was a simple error from typing to fast. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by captainjames View Post
    heck i was thinking it was what they called her in her childhood like diane so i just went with the flow.
    That's Ms. Wilkson to you.

Kamasu you need to stop........LOL

That's Ms. Wilkson to you.

This song is not available for purchase in the United States.

Not available for purchase in the United States??? This is 2011...
    F*ck the rules! Bend them!

Is there anywhere we can hear a sample?

If it's a digital download, how do they know where it's being purchased?

Thanks MARV2,for posting the album cover,MISS MARY WILSON looks great,
    Please stay positive

smark21 Guest
    If it's a digital download, how do they know where it's being purchased?
    If you're in the UK, you can purchase it from itunes uk. To hear a sample, click on the link Marv provided. Based on the sample,it's a nice enough song. I like the picture though, Mary has been needing to update her publicity pictures for some time as she's been using the same pics for over a decade.

They can tell your location by your IP address

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Thanks MARV2,for posting the album cover,MISS MARY WILSON looks great,
    Please stay positive
    You are welcome Redhot! She does looks very beautiful.

Thanks for the link for the 45

Mary was on an evening news programme last night. Apparently Mary was asked the possibility of Diana and her getting together. Mary told the interviewer that all that is needed is for her to receive a phone call. This programme might even be on the internet for everyone to see. It was called London Tonight.

If anyone sees that Mary is appearing on British TV, can they post it on here. I have to ask someone to record it for me because I can't do stuff like that so I need to know in advance.

topdiva1 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Thanks for the link for the 45

Mary was on an evening news programme last night. Apparently Mary was asked the possibility of Diana and her getting together. Mary told the interviewer that all that is needed is for her to receive a phone call. This programme might even be on the internet for everyone to see. It was called London Tonight.

If anyone sees that Mary is appearing on British TV, can they post it on here. I have to ask someone to record it for me because I can't do stuff like that so I need to know in advance.

That phone call may bever actually come. And if it does Diana Ross herself will have very little to do with it.

Ask Rhonda.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    If you're in the UK, you can purchase it from itunes uk. To hear a sample, click on the link Marv provided. Based on the sample,it's a nice enough song. I like the picture though, Mary has been needing to update her publicity pictures for some time as she's been using the same pics for over a decade.
    Here is another recent one from the same photo shoot:

smark21 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Thanks Marv. Glad she has some new pics out there to promote her show.

topdiva1 Guest
    Great picture of Mary - thanks Marv2

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    I went to see Mary on Wednesaday night and afterwards got her autograph. She is still a beautiful woman despite being a few days short of 67 years old. I know on another thread folk were talking about her and Diana having had cosmetic surgery. All I can say is that 'IF' Mary has had any it is perfectly done!!! And if she has, then it's her choice and no-one else's!
    BTW, the show was great and Mary was well worth waiting 32 years to see! She didn't sing this new tune though!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew P. Nads View Post
    All I can say is that 'IF' Mary has had any it is perfectly done!!! And if she has, then it's her choice and no-one else's!
    Very well put Drew P. Nada. It's Mary's money and if she or anyone else wants to pay for plastic surgery, then who are we to comment or judge.

You're right, why shouldn't she look good? She can afford WHATEVER it is she's had or hasn't had done. And as long as I'm not giving her a dime of my money...it doesn't effect me.

Of course she's had plastic surgery. But who really cares?! We love for her to look like "Mary Wilson" which wouldn't be possible at 67 without a few adjustments. I still laugh at the chin though. In old pictures she had none! Bottom line...she's a beautiful woman who's kept us talking and entertained for almost 50 years! Thanks Mary.

I can't say that either one, Mary or Diana, has had any surgery. They don't seem to look like they've had anything major done, if they did have some. And isn't Mary's chin surgery due to the car accident?

That Jay Leno chin that's it, she's a pretty lady she didn't need to do that. Hell it's her money...

Mary Wilson has completed six of her UK concerts but I have yet to read one single review in any newspaper. Has anyone seen any reviews and if so could you please post them.

My thanks in advance.

Roberta

Mary's concerts in the UK

Roberta makes a good point - I've not seen any reviews either.

I went to Mary's concert last night, and was she completely amazing! It's her 67th birthday today.

She performed some of the 1960's material [[including Reflections, Baby Love, Stop! In the name of love, Back in my arms again, Someday we'll be together, You keep me hanging on) and 1970's [[including Bad weather, Nathan Jones, Floy Joy), and a few others [[I am changing and Walk the line). She delivered a brilliant performance. These were all at the right tempo - not speeded up at all, and proper versions, not small clips of each. Vocally she was impressive. Friends who came with me had never seen her before, and didn't expect the concert to be 'top notch' just couldn't keep in their seats. They were spellbound by her ability to sing powerfully and with soul.

She referred to Flo Ballard a few times, and made a heartfelt mention of Flo prior to singing 'I am changing'.

It was clear that the audience loved it too - and well worth going to see.
    On stage for well over 75 minutes, she was sensational.

OK Roberta.....

I wasn't available to attend the concert [[RATS!!!!) but here y'go..... just for you, Gordyhunk and all.....

Review: Bournemouth Echo [[issue Tuesday March 1st)

Mary Wilson, Bournemouth Pavilion, Sunday February 27th - Jeremy Wilson

Being a Supreme was obviously a pretty tough gig.

Diana Ross got the big bucks [[and a few bad headlines).

Poor Florence Ballard couldn't hack it. She left the band, went downhill and died aged 32.

But they did have some great tunes and Mary Wilson had the sense to carry on.

The result is plain to see. She certainly isn't anyone's backing vocalist on this tour.

She's a big name, fronting a slick soul band and steaming through all the big hits - Stop In The Name Of Love, You Keep Me Hanging On, River Deep Mountain High, Baby Love...they were all there.

Just days before her 67th birthday, this grandmother of eight was looking good and sounding phenomenal.

At one point she invited members of the audience up on stage to sing along.

Support act were 70s smooch-merchants The Chi-lites, bringing with them some smooth tunes and a few memories that had a whiff of Old Spice and Blue Nun about them.

Quote Originally Posted by gordy_hunk View Post

I went to Mary's concert last night, and was she completely amazing! It's her 67th birthday today.

She performed some of the 1960's material [[including Reflections, Baby Love, Stop! In the name of love, Back in my arms again, Someday we'll be together, You keep me hanging on) and 1970's [[including Bad weather, Nathan Jones, Floy Joy), and a few others [[I am changing and Walk the line). She delivered a brilliant performance. These were all at the right tempo - not speeded up at all, and proper versions, not small clips of each. Vocally she was impressive. Friends who came with me had never seen her before, and didn't expect the concert to be 'top notch' just couldn't keep in their seats. They were spellbound by her ability to sing powerfully and with soul.

She referred to Flo Ballard a few times, and made a heartfelt mention of Flo prior to singing 'I am changing'.

Thank you for the great review gordy_hunk and happy birthday Mary Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post
    OK Roberta.....

I wasn't available to attend the concert [[RATS!!!!) but here y'go..... just for you, Gordyhunk and all.....

Review: Bournemouth Echo [[issue Tuesday March 1st)

Mary Wilson, Bournemouth Pavilion, Sunday February 27th - Jeremy Wilson

Being a Supreme was obviously a pretty tough gig.

Diana Ross got the big bucks [[and a few bad headlines).

Poor Florence Ballard couldn't hack it. She left the band, went downhill and died aged 32.

But they did have some great tunes and Mary Wilson had the sense to carry on.

The result is plain to see. She certainly isn't anyone's backing vocalist on this tour.

She's a big name, fronting a slick soul band and steaming through all the big hits - Stop In The Name Of Love, You Keep Me Hanging On, River Deep Mountain High, Baby Love...they were all there.

Just days before her 67th birthday, this grandmother of eight was looking good and sounding phenomenal.

At one point she invited members of the audience up on stage to sing along.

Support act were 70s smooch-merchants The Chi-lites, bringing with them some smooth tunes and a few memories that had a whiff of Old Spice and Blue Nun about them.
    Thank you very much westgrandboulevard.

Quote Originally Posted by gordy_hunk View Post

What Mary sang "Floy Joy and Nathan Jones"? would love to hear or see a clip of that

Here is another option to buying the new single. Amazon.com UK. Listening to the sample here, it sounds REAL nice

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Lifes-Been-G...9985528&sr=8-2

There's a backdoor way of picking up Mary's single from iTunes UK by joining that store via a UK issued ITunes gift card. They are easy to get on eBay. I have simultaneous accounts from my same home computer here in the USA to 7 different countries itunes stores with no issues. The main catch is each account has to have a different email address and you have to list an address in the country your setting up an account. I've just googled hotels in a major city of the country without issue. You can never set up a credit card on it and have to keep buying gift cards to maintain the account but in the long run it's saved me plenty by not having to pay shipping on import CDs when I only waned one or two tracks. They also have a lot of Northern Soul and Motown in the UK store that's not on the USA one. Hope this helps. Another reputable dealer for iTunes UK gift cards online is the site mitunes.tv

I'll say it again,Lifes been good to me,is Mary Wilson at her best,it is a slamming track,Mary's is right up front,and the background is also really good,Mary is also singing some of the background,with the right push,this could be a hit for her.
    Please stay positive

I'll say it again,Lifes been good to me,is Mary Wilson at her best,it is a slamming track,Mary's is right up front,and the background is also really good,Mary is also singing some of the background,with the right push,this could be a hit for her.
    Please stay positive
    How did you manage to hear the entire Mary Wilson song REDHOT? I can only hear a small part of it on I tunes UK.

Thank you.

Roberta

A friend sent it[[Lifes been good to me) to me,everyone i play it for,liked it,i can't wait to get the album,or should i say CD.
    Please stay positive

If Mary is so interested in a reunion, then why doesn't she pick up the phone and initiate it?

Just saying.

Oh please I beg everyone not to turn this thread into another Supremes reunion thread. It always turns into a nasty name throwing fight. Please lets all stay respectful of each other and not fight over Mary Wilson and Diana Ross. There are thousands of people dead and tens of thousands more homeless in Japan. Lets put our energy into sending prayers to those less fortunate than us. When you put things into perspective isn't fighting over a Supremes reunion rather petty?

I hope all of you are having a peaceful Sunday.

Roberta.

Roberta.

A friend sent it[[Lifes been good to me) to me,everyone i play it for,liked it,i can't wait to get the album,or should i say CD.
    Please stay positive
    Lucky you.

Enjoy.

Roberta

Does anyone know [[1) who wrote and [[2) who produced this track? What is the "record label?" Thanks!
    Last edited by longtimefan; 03-16-2011 at 08:15 PM.

I was wondering too--most of her new cd is HDH produced I understood[[or HH) but I dont know for sure. I heard the whole single--very nice and current. Im surprised as she had said her cd was going to be more jazzy/MOR I thought.

Angelo Bond is one of the writers.

More information regarding purchase of download...

www.marywilson.com