[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Most think because it's black history and Motown's history consisted on making a bunch of black musicians world famous icons that they felt black artists were being "shut out". Maybe it's humorous to you but it's not really that much of a baseless complaint. Someone said in another thread that they talked to a Latino worker after the show how they would feel if an R&B artist had done a tribute to a Latino artist and they suddenly were like "oh OK I get it now."

I mean I think it's a complex issue, least on my end, it is!
    If you look at it through a narrow lens, then yes, you could make a case that is cut and dry...but you are now contradicting yourself from two posts up where you stated that race has "nothing" to do with Lopez getting criticized, and now you are making the case that race IS the prime factor based on your anecdote about the Latino worker you mentioned. You are entitled to your feelings based on whatever reason you maintain, but like the weather, you can't have it both ways...And finally... I'm also convinced that so many people who voiced their opposition to this J-Lo segment were so vested in their opposition, that she could have put on the greatest performance in the history of show business and most of those people were not about to admit that perhaps they jumped the gun, although I have come across a few, like Tyler Perry who originally questioned the selection, but gave the performance an enthusiastic thumbs up...
    Last edited by StuBass1; 02-13-2019 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    If you look at it through a narrow lens, then yes, you could make a case that is cut and dry...but you are now contradicting yourself from two posts up where you stated that race has "nothing" to do with Lopez getting criticized, and now you are making the case that race IS the prime factor based on your anecdote about the Latino worker you mentioned. You are entitled to your feelings based on whatever reason you maintain, but like the weather, you can't have it both ways...And finally... I'm also convinced that so many people who voiced their opposition to this J-Lo segment were so vested in their opposition, that she could have put on the greatest performance in the history of show business and most of those people were not about to admit that perhaps they jumped the gun, although I have come across a few, like Tyler Perry who originally questioned the selection, but gave the performance an enthusiastic thumbs up...
    No, I admit I was wrong. Race definitely had something to do with it, but maybe I'm just not seeing more posts saying it. Unless you go to Lipstick Alley [[my advice: please don't lol) and you see posts calling Smokey a sell out/c**n.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    No, I admit I was wrong. Race definitely had something to do with it, but maybe I'm just not seeing more posts saying it. Unless you go to Lipstick Alley [[my advice: please don't lol) and you see posts calling Smokey a sell out/c**n.
    Oh it is worse on Youtube. There are now countless videos up complaining about the Motown Tribute, Jennifer Lopez and Smokey Robinson now.