[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Where can I find the Motown Big Hits and More set? Never heard of this one
    I just purchased the set last night on ebay. If you check it out just beware: read the description closely because some of the listing are only for a single CD and not the entire set.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance View Post
    I just purchased the set last night on ebay. If you check it out just beware: read the description closely because some of the listing are only for a single CD and not the entire set.
    Can you tell me more specifics before buying this, what tracks are alternate or different?

Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
    Can you tell me more specifics before buying this, what tracks are alternate or different?
    I'm going by this reply up above by TomatoTom123 [[thanks Tom! )

04-30-2022, 06:26 PM#24TomatoTom123

I just found a thread about the Motown Big Hits More: https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...-More-6-CD-Set

TJ Lubinsky explains:

* are alternate stereo mixes we originally created for the orignal Stereo Motown Box that were not ready for issue at the time, mainly for deadline issues back in 2005. Most are unique to this release, all done by Tom. Some were issued on our TJL /treasurycollection.com "Rock, Pop and Soul" CD set, but have been touched up a bit on this package.

** Are all new mixes made by TM, exclusively for this collection.

hope this helps;
    - tj

1. Mickey's Monkey - The Miracles * [[extended stereo mix)
    2. Heatwave - Martha & The Vandellas * [[alternate stereo mix)
    3.The Way You Do The Things You Do - The Temptations * [[extended stereo mix)
    4. Something About You - The Four Tops * [[extended stereo mix)
    5. It's The Same Old Song - The Four Tops * [[extended stereo mix)
    6. Ain't That Pecular - Marvin Gaye * [[extended stereo mix)
    7. Get Ready - The Temptations ** [[new extended stereo mix)
    8. This Old Heart Of Mine [[Is Weak For You) - The Isley Brothers * [[alternate extended stereo mix)
    9. Ain't Too Proud To Beg - The Temptations * [[extended stereo mix, no strings version)
    10. Shake Me, Wake Me - The Four Tops * [[extended stereo mix)
    11. [[Come 'Round Here) I'm The One You Need - The Miracles ** [[new extended stereo mix)
    12. A Place In The Sun - Stevie Wonder ** [[new alternate extended stereo mix - made to feel more like the mono version of this song with choral group type emphasis)
    13. Don't Mess With Bill - The Marvelettes * [[extended stereo mix)
    14. Bernadette - The Four Tops * [[extended stereo mix)
    15. 7-Rooms Of Gloom - The Four Tops * [[extended stereo mix)
    16. More Love - The Miracles * [[extended stereo mix)
    17. I Wish It Would Rain - The Temptations * [[extended stereo mix)
    18. I Second That Emotion - Smokey Robinson & The Miracles * [[extended stereo mix)
    19. The Hunter Gets Captured By The Game - The Marvelettes ** [[new extended stereo mix)
    20. Keep On Loving Me - Frances Nero * [[alternate extended stereo mix)

To be blunt, I'm getting this because out of all the years of buying any of the 300,000 Bazillion Motown compilations, this one for once, gives the Marvelettes a bit more representation instead of the same old "Postman Bill," "Postman Bill," "Postman Bill." It's always pissed me off that we never get things like "I'll Keep Holding On," "Danger Heartbreak Dead Ahead" or the beautiful "When You're Young And In Love."
    Last edited by WaitingWatchingLookingForAChance; 05-02-2022 at 06:21 PM.