[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    ...I hate to admit it, but I think Mary's passing has brought out the best in everyone. The viciousness and cattiness has seem to have subsided. That's not to say critiques won't continue, but I think there's a way to do it respectfully.

The viciousness to Diana/Mary seems to have subsided in mid August of last year long before Mary's passing.

I don't think Mary's passing had anything to do with the subsiding of viciousness and cattiness.

However, Mary's passing has made many people appreciate her more. We don't know what we've got until we lose it.

I have been a Supreme fan since Day 1. There was no internet. I knew the fans through fan clubs, letters and phone calls. They were all civil. But I discovered the dark side in 2000 when I joined the RTL Message Boards. OMG. Just about made me ashamed to be a Supreme fan. Could never understand why some of the "fans" have to knock one Supreme down to put another on a pedestal.

Speaking of being on something, I'll get off my soapbox.
    Last edited by milven; 05-02-2021 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    The viciousness to Diana/Mary seems to have subsided in mid August of last year long before Mary's passing.

I don't think Mary's passing had anything to do with the subsiding of viciousness and cattiness.

However, Mary's passing has made many people appreciate her more. We don't know what we've got until we lose it.

I have been a Supreme fan since Day 1. There was no internet. I knew the fans through fan clubs, letters and phone calls. They were all civil. But I discovered the dark side in 2000 when I joined the RTL Message Boards. OMG. Just about made me ashamed to be a Supreme fan. Could never understand why some of the "fans" have to knock one Supreme down to put another on a pedestal.

Speaking of being on something, I'll get off my soapbox.
    You speak the truth in your very first sentence. We all know when and why the viciousness and cattiness subsided. You are the first person to have had the balls to come out and say it. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You speak the truth in your very first sentence. We all know when and why the viciousness and cattiness subsided. You are the first person to have had the balls to come out and say it. Enough said.
    Perhaps the cattiness did indeed subside on this forum at that time, but it has not subsided elsewhere, whether that be in the Facebook groups, YouTube or Twitter. When Mary passed, I still read a handful of rude and immature comments from other anti-Diana and anti-Mary people on Twitter. Unfortunately, the bitterness in both camps still exists. There will always be bitter keyboard warriors.
    Last edited by carlo; 05-03-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Perhaps the cattiness did indeed subside on this forum at that time, but it has not subsided elsewhere, whether that be in the Facebook groups, YouTube or Twitter. When Mary passed, I still read a handful of rude and immature comments from other anti-Diana and anti-Mary people on Twitter. Unfortunately, the bitterness in both camps still exists. There will always be bitter keyboard warriors.
    There is is an old colloquial saying in the UK that reads “there’s nowt as queer as folk”.
    If you venture onto other fan sites, there usually exists a small obsessive faction who exhibit an extreme form of fan adulation. Some because they are misinformed, others simply can’t cope with the fact that others might deem their chosen celebrity less then perfect. Those fans are thus labelled haters.
    Mercifully most of us are balanced individuals who can remain loyal fans while happily discussing all facets on the life and career of DR&TS....Good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I hope the said person is at peace now and with the Lord. I always felt his nastiness and almost 24/7 obsession of Diana Ross covered up a heap of pain.

God bless Marvin Davis.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    I hope the said person is at peace now and with the Lord. I always felt his nastiness and almost 24/7 obsession of Diana Ross covered up a heap of pain.

God bless Marvin Davis.

Fondly,

Roberta
    Very possibly Roberta. Let us hope he has found the peace and inner happiness which seemingly eluded him during his time on earth.
    May he r.i.p.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post

God bless Marvin Davis.

Fondly,

Roberta
    Thats a thoughtful post Roberta.