[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    hehehe should we really take this thread sideways and get into the RTL discussion again? with Scherrie's comments about how Mary's manager later regretted their approach/decision?

i do remember chats years ago about the idea of the other ladies participating in the tour. Scherrie and Lynda had the benefit, along with Mary, of being very active with touring. so the producers could have easily found very recent clips of them performing and confirmed that their pipes were all in excellent condition. but Jean and Cindy were not at all active so i don't think it's completely inappropriate that the producers might say "hmmm are they up to a big high-profile tour?"
    I thought that in some discussion that someone mentioned the producers wanting the other women to sort of "audition" or something. i'm really, really trying to dust off old memories and i don't want to misquote anyone. i sort of thought Susaye was mentioning some of this on one of those old Midnight Johnnie radio shows. i don't know if she implied it or others but some of the women were like "audition?!?!? of all the nerve!!" again, i'm not trying to put words in susaye's or anyone's mouth.

Scherrie makes it all sound so simple. Even Mary’s manager made it sound so simple.

At times, I think it’s the fans that complicate it and caused more of the problems - especially the ones that were really crazy and are gone from here.

It also reminds me that I got told 20 years ago that the Supremes as we know and loved them ended in 1967 for them.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Scherrie makes it all sound so simple. Even Mary’s manager made it sound so simple.

At times, I think it’s the fans that complicate it and caused more of the problems - especially the ones that were really crazy and are gone from here.

It also reminds me that I got told 20 years ago that the Supremes as we know and loved them ended in 1967 for them.
    I remember a quote from Mary saying that the meeting they had in April 1967 after the New Orleans fiasco was the last time they were the Supremes.

Quote Originally Posted by floyjoy678 View Post
    I remember a quote from Mary saying that the meeting they had in April 1967 after the New Orleans fiasco was the last time they were the Supremes.
    That’s sad to hear.

I didn’t hear it from a Supreme or Berry but it was the next closest thing - but I better not divulge the name.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post

oh i'm sure a significant portion of all of it was due to fans and all. and imagine if there had been social media back then!! sweet baby jesus!