[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Motown diehards need to chill lol

No way a regular old Joe Schmoe would remember Smokey singing with the Miracles that night. But they can tell you how they imitated MJ's dance move while wearing one of their winter mittens.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Motown diehards need to chill lol

No way a regular old Joe Schmoe would remember Smokey singing with the Miracles that night. But they can tell you how they imitated MJ's dance move while wearing one of their winter mittens.
    You say that because you were totally amazed with Michael Jackson's performance. I was college at the time and did not expect anything less from Michael that night. As far as regular people not remembering Smokey singing with the original Miracles that night you would be wrong. This show was in 1983 and there were a whole lot more Baby Boomers around then that easily remembered that 20-25 years earlier, the Miracles were a top, favorite group. Motown 25 was the motivation for all of the "Big Chill" music interest that started up shortly afterwards and the Miracles were a big part of that. All teenagers in America in the early to mid 60s remember dancing to "Ooo Baby, Baby". I was around even though I was a young kid so I "kinda" know what I am talking about here. Everyone that heard the Miracles in those days loved at least one of their songs.