Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
I lummie my Chaka [[with and without Rufus) so don't take this the wrong way ... but Sarah 'Right wingin' bitter clingin' was on TMS as well! A paying gig but not a career high for anybody.
I understand that TMS is catching some flak for some of the people that are coming on there and being eliminated quickly, such as Chaka, Gladys, Dionne and Patti. Some of their fans are taking these early cuts as a sign of disrespect.

Well it only stands to reason that if the voters are younger folks, they are not going to have the respect that we do for these older artists, and the four I just mentioned were all quite distinctive and recognizable. But I think we should also consider the possibility that they did it just for the fun of it but that it was probably physically taxing and therefore they might not have WANTED it to be a long-term thing.

The other side of that coin is that some of the younger people are ones that old geezers like me have never even heard of. For example, who in the world was that dame that they unmasked last night? The name has already escaped me. So we perhaps need some middle ground in their choices.

As for Sarah, I cannot even speculate what was behind that, other than complete and total surprise, and they certainly succeeded in that regard!