[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    yeah i bet having two duets on the lp would have been a problem. he was already the producer for this track so she probably wasn't wanting to hand over any more of the revenue

i think the timing of the singles hampered their chart rankings. you had All Of You and Swept Away both vying for attention and air play. Diana wasn't a powerful enough star to command two simultaneous singles. not like in 80 with Upside Down and I'm Coming Out.

had they been timed properly, both singles probably could have crept to Top 10 rather than Top 20.
    There might have also been some timing issues regarding the release of ALL OF YOU over which Diana had no control.

Fairly recently, an old article on Diana was posted. In it, Diana mentioned the duet with Julio. The interesting thing was the article was done around the time that Diana did her big concert at Giants Stadium, which was July 4th, 1982.

So the recording possibly stayed in the can for a while. Or possibly the idea for the pairing began in 1982. I can't find the article at the moment but that's what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    There might have also been some timing issues regarding the release of ALL OF YOU over which Diana had no control.

Fairly recently, an old article on Diana was posted. In it, Diana mentioned the duet with Julio. The interesting thing was the article was done around the time that Diana did her big concert at Giants Stadium, which was July 4th, 1982.

So the recording possibly stayed in the can for a while. Or possibly the idea for the pairing began in 1982. I can't find the article at the moment but that's what I remember.
    it might be that the idea was starting out in 82. but then tours, schedules, contractual agreements between the two labels, etc probably took some time. the song was eventually released in June 84, not sure when they recorded it.