[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Missing You

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    To the public Bernard and Niles were Chic and they had a rather identifiable sound.
    I don't think in 1980 'the public' would have even known who Nile & Nard were. And their sound was always changing. The people that say Debbie Harry's solo album sounds like 'diana leftovers' crack me up.

They wrote Diana's album 'to order' [['songs that my kids can sing') and wrote Debbie's album with a rap [[one of the first)/hip-hop theme. The Koo-koo album was ahead of its' time [[probably why it was not a bigger hit) and still stands out today. Very few of the 'Chic Organisation' productions sound the same apart from quality.

I remember a record review in the early 80s [[post 'Disco sucks' and the Chic hit years) describing a Nile/Nard song as 'pre-meditated excellence'. Maybe 'Record Mirror' or another UK publication.

ETA - I remember the review now. It was the Chic song '26'.

'26 - my baby's a 26. On a scale of 1 to 10, my baby's a 26' lol
    Last edited by Levi Stubbs Tears; 03-10-2024 at 09:36 PM.