[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    And this. K-Ci and JoJo are as timeless for me as Marvin, Stevie, and Michael. Don't pile on me, it's just my opinion.
    I remember thinking during this time that K-Ci would become one of those legendary artist influencing generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    I remember thinking during this time that K-Ci would become one of those legendary artist influencing generations.
    Jodeci were great! I think it was much harder as time went on for artist to have the longevity and broad fan base as artists developed in the 60s. Radio formats became more segregated, so fewer people heard the individual artists.

A classic. I sing this word-for-word when it plays in the radio. Good thing I normally am alone in my car!

Quincy Jones' "The Dude" LP is one of my favorites. It introduced us to James Ingram with two of his best songs. I think this song is timeless:

Quincy Jones' "The Dude" LP is one of my favorites. It introduced us to James Ingram with two of his best songs. I think this song is timeless:
    Timeless is right! One of the greatest songs ever and one of the most underrated singers. James Ingram is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciano View Post
    Timeless is right! One of the greatest songs ever and one of the most underrated singers. James Ingram is amazing.
    It is one of the greatest and from the soundtrack of my life. James Ingram was an incredible singer. He knew how to put a song across! Thanks for this one Luciano!

This was underrated:

This is my favorite Patti LaBelle song. She is probably the only person who could sing this song with this much power and soul while still being as nuanced on every note.

Love this one two. Probably my 2nd favorite of James Ingram after "Just Once".

Here's one I associate with 1981 and the good times we had then:

Quincy and his crew could not be beat in 1978! I dare you to stay still during this one.......LOL!