[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Hattie Littles

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Have a little word re The Blackberries too... 👍

Quote Originally Posted by simon.millar View Post
    I had a look a few years ago and there didn't seem to be enough Blackberries in the Vaults to fill a CD. We'll have to see what emerges when we dig into forthcoming volumes of "Motown Unreleased".

Count me in for Hattie Little mos def [[please make it a physial product) aeven a special vinyl edition. Am I the only one who noticed a similiarity in the vocals of Hattie and early Mary Wells [[her blue shooters?)

Quote Originally Posted by simon.millar View Post
    Deke Richards and I were working on a project to get the Blackberries project released in one form or another just before he got really sick. In fact I made his a promise that I would try and see the project through the way he had envisaged it - that was before the music industry started to question everything it put out though and the market got so tough and before the dreaded virus made things even more difficult.
    The project though is still very much alive and I hope to make good on my promise to the memory of one of the nicest guys in the world.