[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Most, but not all fans think her working with Barry Gibb was a mistake. Often cited as one of her worst albums. Maybe after reflection she feels the same way. So I don’t understand why some want to hear unreleased tracks. Or think she made a mistake not working with him again. We have another thread “sorry doesn’t always make it right” talking about what a dismal failure “country” Diana is, maybe she didn’t want to do country again with “Islands in the stream”.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Most, but not all fans think her working with Barry Gibb was a mistake. Often cited as one of her worst albums. Maybe after reflection she feels the same way. So I don’t understand why some want to hear unreleased tracks. Or think she made a mistake not working with him again. We have another thread “sorry doesn’t always make it right” talking about what a dismal failure “country” Diana is, maybe she didn’t want to do country again with “Islands in the stream”.
    Chain Reaction was a great song and a real great video and was a huge hit for Miss Ross all over the world buy not the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Chain Reaction was a great song and a real great video and was a huge hit for Miss Ross all over the world buy not the USA.
    Absolutely Roberta. No matter what ones opinion might be of the of the album,
    Chain Reaction” was instrumental in helping resurrect Diana’s popularity across the globe. Thirty four years later and the promotional video still stands as one of her very best.
    The song managed to achieve the status of becoming a hit twice over in the UK and remains one of her most popular songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Absolutely Roberta. No matter what ones opinion might be of the of the album,
    Chain Reaction” was instrumental in helping resurrect Diana’s popularity across the globe. Thirty four years later and the promotional video still stands as one of her very best.
    The song managed to achieve the status of becoming a hit twice over in the UK and remains one of her most popular songs.
    I personally quite like the eaten alive album. The title track is a hot mess, but the rest of the album is of a decent standard. It's not a classic but i far prefer it to the likes of workin' overtime, Fools and Silk Electric.
    I may be biased because i am friends with Barry Gibb and i maintain he is a musical genius. There are few performers dead or alive who can match his achievements as a singer, songwriter and producer. His songs have been covered by literally 100's and 100's of artists. Not many can match that legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I personally quite like the eaten alive album. The title track is a hot mess, but the rest of the album is of a decent standard. It's not a classic but i far prefer it to the likes of workin' overtime, Fools and Silk Electric.
    I may be biased because i am friends with Barry Gibb and i maintain he is a musical genius. There are few performers dead or alive who can match his achievements as a singer, songwriter and producer. His songs have been covered by literally 100's and 100's of artists. Not many can match that legacy.
    I guess I am the other one who loves the Eaten Alive album, Bluebrock, aside from the title track which is, to use your words, a hot mess. My only issue with it is I think the mix is a little muddy. But, there are some wonderful songs on there.

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    I guess I am the other one who loves the Eaten Alive album, Bluebrock, aside from the title track which is, to use your words, a hot mess. My only issue with it is I think the mix is a little muddy. But, there are some wonderful songs on there.
    Had the album been released anywhere between 81 and 83 i think it would done incredibly well.. The only thing it lacked was a killer ballad.
    A duet with M.J in the vein of “I Just Can’t Stop Loving You” would have been rather nice and help cement the albums success after the huge success of “CR”.
    For me, either “Experience” or “ I Love Being In Love” would have worked better as a duet. Probably with B.G. It certainly would have guaranteed more air play.