[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulu View Post
    It's definitely NOT PC. The trans community is the next civil rights frontier, I'm thinking. My mother is a therapist and has seen several men who cross dress over the years none of whom identified as "gay". Most, if not all were married with children.
    No they're not! Latinos are the next civil rights frontier in this country. Trans-people or whatever are not going to get much attention with law makers overall. How many are there anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    No they're not! Latinos are the next civil rights frontier in this country. Trans-people or whatever are not going to get much attention with law makers overall. How many are there anyway?
    I don't know about the transgendered but I believe that the gay/lesbian community is making waaay more noise than the Latin community as far as fighting for equal rights. How did this conversation get here lol. But back to Teddy, there were reports that cocaine and cognac were in his system.

I believe Lulu is right. Most people lump them into the LBGT bag, and that's the hottest issue right now. We still can't get the House republicans to do anything about immigration, and it remains to be seen if they turn out in significant numbers to vote on Tuesday. Obama also promised to do something about immigration reform after the election. If the republicans gain control of the senate, I can see him doing something like what Reagan did back in the 80s...amnesty.

Lulu Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    I believe Lulu is right. Most people lump them into the LBGT bag, and that's the hottest issue right now. We still can't get the House republicans to do anything about immigration, and it remains to be seen if they turn out in significant numbers to vote on Tuesday. Obama also promised to do something about immigration reform after the election. If the republicans gain control of the senate, I can see him doing something like what Reagan did back in the 80s...amnesty.
    REMINDER: VOTE ON TUESDAY, PEOPLE! I live in a very blue state so I'm not too concerned but if you lean left and your state's Senate race is tight, please get out and vote!

REMINDER: VOTE ON TUESDAY, PEOPLE! I live in a very blue state so I'm not too concerned but if you lean left and your state's Senate race is tight, please get out and vote!
    I live in a very red state [[does Sheriff Joe Arpaio sound familiar?) that could turn purple if the right people get out and vote. We have a state, house rep, an attorney general, and a governor up for election. I have voted ever since I turned 18.

I live in tea-bagger country, but I have never had trouble voting. My polling place is just down the street, the lines are never very long, and I can vote either before or after work.

The Latino community will be close to 30% of the U.S. Population in the very near future and they WILL use their burgeoning political clout to gain whatever rights they want! They are the sleeping giant in this country.

The Latino community will be close to 30% of the U.S. Population in the very near future and they WILL use their burgeoning political clout to gain whatever rights they want! They are the sleeping giant in this country.
    Yes, they are a sleeping giant. But, there's your key word: "sleeping". Will enough of them wake up to become that powerful voting block? Or, perhaps they are awake, but just won't climb out of bed.

Yes, they are a sleeping giant. But, there's your key word: "sleeping". Will enough of them wake up to become that powerful voting block? Or, perhaps they are awake, but just won't climb out of bed.
    Sometimes words in print can be misinterpreted. Your statement here reads as if you are saying that Latinos are awake and aware of their powerful voting block, but are too lazy to "get out of bed" and implement that power.

Is that what you meant?

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Sometimes words in print can be misinterpreted. Your statement here reads as if you are saying that Latinos are awake and aware of their powerful voting block, but are too lazy to "get out of bed" and implement that power.

Is that what you meant?
    I did not use the word "lazy", and lazy is not what I meant. Ambivalent or indifferent would be what I mean.

Loved the mans voice. He's up the in individuality stakes with Levi, Ollie and Dennis. We don't get Unsung documentaries here in the UK so just watched his on YouTube. So Teddy was bisexual, frequented gay bars and the person with him in the fateful car accident was a transvestite. So what?!! His sexual preferences should not detract from the fact that he was one helluva singer. Another great talent we lost way too soon.

Lulu Guest
    Again, your ignorance and borderline bigotry is showing. I know for a fact that there is at least one transgender person on the forums so I'd tread lightly if I were you.

However, I should have clarified that I was excluding race and ethnicity from my statement and meant that the transgender community are the next *civil rights frontier* for the LGBT community. Gay marriage will likely be legal in all 50 states within the next few years and I feel that employment discrimination against the LGBT community will soon follow.

Again, your ignorance and borderline bigotry is showing. I know for a fact that there is at least one transgender person on the forums so I'd tread lightly if I were you.
    He didn't state anything bad, just his opinion. And, he didn't say anything negative about transgender people. So, how is that bigotry?

However, I should have clarified that I was excluding race and ethnicity from my statement and meant that the transgender community are the next *civil rights frontier* for the LGBT community. Gay marriage will likely be legal in all 50 states within the next few years and I feel that employment discrimination against the LGBT community will soon follow.
    However, I don't think anyone is trying to prevent transgenders from voting. They are trying to prevent Blacks, Latinos, young people, and senior citizens from voting because they tend to vote democrat.

Lulu Guest
    He didn't state anything bad, just his opinion. And, he didn't say anything negative about transgender people. So, how is that bigotry?

However, I don't think anyone is trying to prevent transgenders from voting. They are trying to prevent Blacks, Latinos, young people, and senior citizens from voting because they tend to vote democrat.
    Oh, the whole "there aren't that many of them" mindset and the "or whatever" just come across as dismissive and marginalizing. For years people said the same thing about the LGBT community as a whole and now, look at the strides they've made. I'm pretty sure if you were black and lived in a town of 90% whites and you overheard someone say "how many are there anyway?" or "African Americans or whatever" it wouldn't go over too well...

Fun fact re: voter ID. I'll have to dig up the clip and send it to you. In Texas which has gotten a LOT of heat [[rightfully so) with regards to their Voter ID laws of late, now the VETERANS are having problems voting. How much face loss is that going to be for that moron Perry when an old white Republican Korean War veteran can't vote?!? Geeeeeeeeezzzzzus!!!

Oh, the whole "there aren't that many of them" mindset and the "or whatever" just come across as dismissive and marginalizing.
    I see. You didn't specifically say that before. Man, transgenders are all over the place.

For years people said the same thing about the LGBT community as a whole and now, look at the strides they've made. I'm pretty sure if you were black and lived in a town of 90% whites and you overheard someone say "how many are there anyway?" or "African Americans or whatever" it wouldn't go over too well...
    Don't get upset, because many people live in areas where there really aren't many, or gays are good at being in the closet.

Fun fact re: voter ID. I'll have to dig up the clip and send it to you. In Texas which has gotten a LOT of heat [[rightfully so) with regards to their Voter ID laws of late, now the VETERANS are having problems voting. How much face loss is that going to be for that moron Perry when an old white Republican Korean War veteran can't vote?!? Geeeeeeeeezzzzzus!!!
    They have even had a case where a state politician couldn't vote because of a state law about surnames and married women. There was a case where a judge couldn't vote. But, if you have a gun permit, all is good. Texas is fucked up!

Lulu Guest
    I see. You didn't specifically say that before. Man, transgenders are all over the place.

Don't get upset, because many people live in areas where there really aren't many, or gays are good at being in the closet.

They have even had a case where a state politician couldn't vote because of a state law about surnames and married women. There was a case where a judge couldn't vote. But, if you have a gun permit, all is good. Texas is fucked up!
    A lot of times the "perception" of transgender is someone like Laverne Cox or Chaz Bono. I was leaning more towards those who aren't open about it or haven't even begun to think about any reassignment surgery. You've probably seen some of those heartbreaking documentaries about kids struggling with gender identity and having to put on fronts just to appease their parents and classmates.

Oh good old Sheriff Joe! Well, my county is red albeit my state's nearly all blueness. We've got a gay republican "write-in" trying to unseat the incumbent commissioner who accepted his biggest donation this year from a known secessionist! ARGH!

A lot of times the "perception" of transgender is someone like Laverne Cox or Chaz Bono. I was leaning more towards those who aren't open about it or haven't even begun to think about any reassignment surgery. You've probably seen some of those heartbreaking documentaries about kids struggling with gender identity and having to put on fronts just to appease their parents and classmates.
    One, maybe on CNN or something, as i'm really not really interested. Doesn't mean I have no empathy, just that it doesn't affect my personal world.

Oh good old Sheriff Joe! Well, my county is red albeit my state's nearly all blueness. We've got a gay republican "write-in" trying to unseat the incumbent commissioner who accepted his biggest donation this year from a known secessionist! ARGH!
    They don't even bother with succeeding from the union around here. People just file papers and declare themselves sovereign citizens. It started when Obama was elected president in 2008.

Oh, just remember Ralph's new forum policy. Don't try to call anyone out for what you may perceive to be Aretha, Ross, or gay bashing. That will get YOU banned.
    Last edited by soulster; 11-03-2014 at 01:38 AM.

I have ZERO f*^ks to give about what you think about ME Lulu, you don't know me so stop trying to smear me ok?

I have ZERO f*^ks to give about what you think about ME Lulu, you don't know me so stop trying to smear me ok?
    Be cool you two!

"Trans-people or whatever' smh just smh.

Roberta