[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    There seems to be nothing but sadness when it comes to Florence Ballard. Cretins boo-ed Diana Ross for attending the funeral. Mary W made a career from Diana's attendance at the funeral and decency in making a statement there. And ... none of the many [[hundreds?) of Motown employees who worked with Florence Ballard and swear to the skies 40+ years later that Florence was cheated out of a superstar career bothered to attend her funeral, and remain unscathed. Fans go to their grave[[s) insulting Diana for attending Florence's funeral; those who could not be bothered ... well ...

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    There seems to be nothing but sadness when it comes to Florence Ballard. Cretins boo-ed Diana Ross for attending the funeral. Mary W made a career from Diana's attendance at the funeral and decency in making a statement there. And ... none of the many [[hundreds?) of Motown employees who worked with Florence Ballard and swear to the skies 40+ years later that Florence was cheated out of a superstar career bothered to attend her funeral, and remain unscathed. Fans go to their grave[[s) insulting Diana for attending Florence's funeral; those who could not be bothered ... well ...
    As a huge Flo fan, I try not to focus on the sad parts of her life. I'd rather focus on what a charming, appealing woman she was who added something special to the Supremes. Yes she had her demons and most likely an undiagnosed mental disorder but that's not to take away the great accomplishments she made in her short life.

I do agree though, that the whole Motown is a family image is a bit BS to me. All I will say is Diana, Mary and Florence had a lot of love for each other no matter how complicated their relationship. I've seen pictures of Diana at the funeral and she looked a mess emotionally. As did Mary. Especially in the photo of the two of them standing up by the casket together.

I have never seen that photo before

I’m sensing a lot of deep bitterness here. Only you would use the tragedy of Florence Ballard’s funeral as an opportunity for a verbal assault on the much loved, and greatly missed Mary Wilson. Your repetitive urge to put Mary and Florence down to raise Diana higher is so unnecessary It would appear some are incapable of moving on.

the cretinous remark is that Mary made a career out of Diana’s attendance….