[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Kikidee

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham Jarvis View Post
    Well done for doing this, great to see Kiki Dee and all of her Tamla tracks.
    As well as the Motown tracks, her other thirty three songs from the [UK] Fontana years 1963-1968.

One Motown & One of her 1968 Liberty 45 "I'm Going Out"

Thanks, Graham. At the time, I had never heard of Kiki Dee, but I really loved her voice as well as most of the tracks on her Motown album. Sadly, other than Motown collectors, it went unheard and faded into obscurity without being heard by John Q. Public. I was pleasantly surprised when Kiki signed with Rocket Records and had a huge hit with Elton John via "Don't Go Breaking My Heart". As you know, she also hit it big with "I've Got The Music In Me", which I bought. My personal favorite of Kiki's has always been "Once A Fool" which I also bought, and which many American Motown fans may or may not have ever even heard. Let's correct that possibility right here and now!

KIKI DEE
    "Once A Fool" [[Rocket Records)
    [[U.S. Release 1974)
    https://youtu.be/4Pe1Sy70Jus?si=LWjyX4zp91Ie55lK
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 11-20-2023 at 03:18 AM.