[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Yo... Moe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    No. Centers are playing further from the bucket than back then. They still post up, but I can see him taking thicker and slower opponents away from the paint and either shooting over them or rolling off picks to the rim faster than they can keep up. I can envision him as a 7'4" power forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    No. Centers are playing further from the bucket than back then. They still post up, but I can see him taking thicker and slower opponents away from the paint and either shooting over them or rolling off picks to the rim faster than they can keep up. I can envision him as a 7'4" power forward.
    Wow coach.
    Had to stop for a minute and try to visualize that in my head...LOL ..but I get what you're saying.

I was thinking about all the really tall guys, like that Chinese dude [[whose name I can't remember) and they seem to get beat up a lot with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Wow coach.
    Had to stop for a minute and try to visualize that in my head...LOL ..but I get what you're saying.

I was thinking about all the really tall guys, like that Chinese dude [[whose name I can't remember) and they seem to get beat up a lot with injuries.
    That was Yao Ming. His career was cut short when his body betrayed him and his knees [[like Ralph Sampson's) proved not to be capable of supporting an athlete who was that big and that athletic. People are bigger, stronger, and faster than at any time in history but the human knee is as frail as it ever was and incapable of becoming structurally more supportive. Have you noticed that college and pro football linemen play with knee braces even when they are not injured?

Have you noticed that college and pro football linemen play with knee braces even when they are not injured?
    Never gave it much thought but it makes sense.