RTL may very well have been doomed from the start. Let's be real: this reunion was the invention of someone else, someone who probably saw dollar signs with no regard for any of the Supremes, including Diana.

RTL works if it had been something Diana and Mary came up with together. I don't think Diana would have ever reached out to Mary about it, so this would have had to be Mary calling Diana up and initiating the heart to heart. They were both dealing with a lot. In recent years Mary had buried her son and her mother. Diana's brother was murdered and her marriage was failing. They needed a pick me up. The tour, claiming their legacy, recapturing their youth, this could have been a much needed emotional uplift. Squaring away the past, forging a new future, remembering how much fun they had forming the Supremes, it could have morphed into a successful tour, maybe even the first of a few over the years.

But in reality, I don't think either lady was in the right frame of mind to deal with any of this. And the presence of outside business people just made the situation worse.