[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Paging Dr. Bluebook. Why didn't Miss Ross do more films? She said on her BET interview that she takes lots of meetings on films. She had just bought the rights to the film "Diva".

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    Paging Dr. Bluebook. Why didn't Miss Ross do more films? She said on her BET interview that she takes lots of meetings on films. She had just bought the rights to the film "Diva".
    She had numerous offers from the 70's right through to the end of the 90's, but she was unwilling to be anything less than the star of the show. No supporting roles for Ms Ross! It was such a pity because she could have stolen the show with some meaty supporting roles. She certainly had the talent to enjoy a stellar acting career had she been so inclined, but in all honesty it would always have played a poor 2nd to music in her career priorities.

I always appreciate your responses, Mr. Bluebrock. You hold no punches back and I appreciate your honesty. Do you remember any of the film offers she got? Do you recall her ever reading film scripts? Can you go a bit into depth about the Josephine Baker story? What about Diva? Couldn't Mr. Gordy talk her into a great supporting role?

Quote Originally Posted by JLoveLamar View Post
    I always appreciate your responses, Mr. Bluebrock. You hold no punches back and I appreciate your honesty. Do you remember any of the film offers she got? Do you recall her ever reading film scripts? Can you go a bit into depth about the Josephine Baker story? What about Diva? Couldn't Mr. Gordy talk her into a great supporting role?
    She didn't really talk about it at length. I recall her saying she was offered a role on tv soap Dallas in the late 70's for one season only which she was interested in, but her schedule would not permit it. She also mentioned being offered The Bodyguard many years before Whitney, but the producer wanted it to be more explicit than she was comfortable with. She mentioned Robert Redford and Ryan O'Neal as potential co-stars. She very much wanted to do the Josephine Baker film, but she was unable to raise the necessary finance. I also recall her mentioning in the late 90's a tv movie where she would play a concentration camp inmate. Not sure what became of that idea.
    I cannot recall any others without consulting my journals.
    She didn't really discuss her acting ambitions in any length. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She didn't really talk about it at length. I recall her saying she was offered a role on tv soap Dallas in the late 70's for one season only which she was interested in, but her schedule would not permit it. She also mentioned being offered The Bodyguard many years before Whitney, but the producer wanted it to be more explicit than she was comfortable with. She mentioned Robert Redford and Ryan O'Neal as potential co-stars. She very much wanted to do the Josephine Baker film, but she was unable to raise the necessary finance. I also recall her mentioning in the late 90's a tv movie where she would play a concentration camp inmate. Not sure what became of that idea.
    I cannot recall any others without consulting my journals.
    She didn't really discuss her acting ambitions in any length. Sorry.
    Yes, Valaida Snow, the jazz trumpeter/vocalist I mentioned in my earlier post, was the concentration camp survivor.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Yes, Valaida Snow, the jazz trumpeter/vocalist I mentioned in my earlier post, was the concentration camp survivor.
    Apologies sans. I did not see your earlier post.

This thread is brought to you by the people in your town who bottle threads like these:
    https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...get-made-today