[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Ross visability

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    By all accounts DR is a fantastic mother and enjoys that role. She is in her 70's and deserves to take it easy. I don't think not having a Christmas special makes a bit of difference to almost anybody. Nobody even watches them these days. After decades of hit records, hit movies/TV specials, and sold out arenas I think she can handle the lack of Christmas specials.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyC View Post
    By all accounts DR is a fantastic mother and enjoys that role. She is in her 70's and deserves to take it easy. I don't think not having a Christmas special makes a bit of difference to almost anybody. Nobody even watches them these days. After decades of hit records, hit movies/TV specials, and sold out arenas I think she can handle the lack of Christmas specials.
    Me too. She is the happiest she has ever been in her whole life.
    She is far far prouder of the way her children have made their way in the world than any artistic achievements, and i applaud her for that. Family is way more important than any material achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    She is far far prouder of the way her children have made their way in the world than any artistic achievements, and i applaud her for that. Family is way more important than any material achievements.
    From my advantageous position as an outsider and 50+ year fan, this makes me far happier than any new album, tour, etc could possible do [[though those would be nice as well). I have innumerable joyous memories of being a Diana Ross fan and the thought of the lady cozy, comfy and beloved by an extended family brings me [[admittedly, selfish) happiness in this time of turmoil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Well stated. But ... if the thread was not started as a troll, certainly so many of the posts were/are. Gotta wonder how many of the dog-whistle responders have wives or mothers of Diana's age that they troll for not working, if that's their choice in life!

If y'all thought 2020 was something, shiiiitttt, look out for 2021. Never would I ever think that fans of a person wanting more of the person they're a fan of would be perceived as such a negative. I don't believe this would've ever been an issue last year or the year before. This has to be some 2021 shit; some I can die now for I have seen it all, shit. It's like living in fuckin Twilight Zone.

Maybe somebody should get Bettye Lavette up in here to talk about what more she thinks Diana should've done. See how y'all like that.