[REMOVE ADS]

MARY WILSON and OTIS WILLIAMS cover story [[Daeida Magazine March 2012)

Just wanted to let everyone here know that DAEIDA MAGAZINE is honored to feature Mary Wilson and Otis Williams in our latest issue for a double-cover feature in the March 2012 edition. Both Miss Wilson and Mr. Williams were exclusively interviewed and photographed for this very special issue. You may view the entire issue online for free here: www.daeida.com. Just click on the "current issue" tab and view the digital version in "Full Screen mode" for the best viewing experience. Enjoy! - David @ Daeida

Name:  Daeida_March_2012_Cover-MARYWILSON.jpg
Views: 2047
Size:  94.2 KB
    Name:  WilliamsOtis_DAEIDA_March.jpg
Views: 1679
Size:  79.3 KB

Both look in good shape. I love Mary's hair.

Nice article. In it Mary says that she was dropped by Motown after she brought them the four songs that she recorded for her sophomore album. She is disappointed that UMG did not release Red Hot. And she states that she has the right to release the four songs if UMG doesn't. If UMG does ever release Red Hot, they probably will include the four songs as bonuses.

As for Mary's short hair style, it is very attractive. I wish that all the divas over a certain age would shed the long locks and go to a short hair style. Diana, Barbra, Cher, and Mary, take a hint from Gladys. She looks terrific with her short hair.

Is Mary Wilson the Otis Williams of the Supremes? Is Otis Williams, the Mary Wilson of the Temptations?

Fantastic interview! Fabulous photos of Mary! I will have to order a copy.

That may be the best interivew I have ever read with Mary-covered all the bases!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    As for Mary's short hair style, it is very attractive. I wish that all the divas over a certain age would shed the long locks and go to a short hair style. Diana, Barbra, Cher, and Mary, take a hint from Gladys. She looks terrific with her short hair.
    Like in the good old days, it's a very beautiful wig.

Mary's is also a wig. The point is, after a certain age, these ladies should give up the long hair, long wigs and weaves and switch to a smart short hair style or wig.

Mary's is also a wig.
    I don't know about Knight. I was talking about Wilson: I was saying that she was wearing a wig. Actually why those women in the R&B world wear wigs? Isn't their own hair beautiful? Why do they hide it? In the 80's and the 90's we had fake "blondes" [[remember Whitney Houston: how many covers and pictures with her real hair colour? Only a few). Then wigs came back, like in the 60's. Strange.

The magazine here: http://daeida.com/2012_Daeida_2012_03_ISSUE.html

I think all women over the age of 50 should let their hair go totally gray. I also think they should also wear their hair up in a bun with a knitting stick, sticking through it.

Mary Wilson looks fantastic. The woman has the best chin in show business. A strong and sexy chin on a beautiful woman.

Interesting that Mary doesn't read the online boards because of hurtful comments. I hope she avoids youtube as well as some of the comments about her and Diane are reprehensible.

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by Constantin View Post
    I don't know about Knight. I was talking about Wilson: I was saying that she was wearing a wig. Actually why those women in the R&B world wear wigs? Isn't their own hair beautiful? Why do they hide it? In the 80's and the 90's we had fake "blondes" [[remember Whitney Houston: how many covers and pictures with her real hair colour? Only a few). Then wigs came back, like in the 60's. Strange.

The magazine here: http://daeida.com/2012_Daeida_2012_03_ISSUE.html
    A wig is like an accessory; like a pair of earrings or a pair of shoes. They are a part of the theatrics. They can be changed at a moments notice to fit a particular event, or a particular mood. They allow freedom of many different hairstyles not available to a particular head of hair. They save time from having hair processed or styled and save money from not having to have natural hair "done", sometimes several times in one day.

Imagine Aretha Franklin is visiting Chicago. She has a breakfast date, followed by a photoshoot, followed by a speaking engagement, followed by a luncheon, followed by an interview, followed by a concert, followed by a meet-and-greet, followed by a late-night buffet throw down. This could very well be a typical day for the Queen. There aren't enough hours in the day to keep that head "fresh" [[let alone she'd be as bald as a bowling ball by midnight), so she just slaps a few hair don'ts on that scalp of hers and away she goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Mary Wilson looks fantastic. The woman has the best chin in show business. A strong and sexy chin on a beautiful woman.

Interesting that Mary doesn't read the online boards because of hurtful comments. I hope she avoids youtube as well as some of the comments about her and Diane are reprehensible.

Roberta
    I don't see any hurtful comments about Mary in this thread. In synopsis, it simply says that Mary looks good and even better in a short wig or short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    I think all women over the age of 50 should let their hair go totally gray. I also think they should also wear their hair up in a bun with a knitting stick, sticking through it.
    lol!!!!!!

Wow! Mary looks great!

I don't see any hurtful comments about Mary in this thread. In synopsis, it simply says that Mary looks good and even better in a short wig or short hair.
    I didn't say they were in this thread I said Mary avoids all online boards because of the hurtful comments. Didn't you read the article Carlo?

Roberta, don't you mean Milven? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Roberta, don't you mean Milven? lol.
    Sorry Carlo, I do mean Milven. I'm getting old lady eyes. LOL

No worries, Roberta.

Surly, you are kidding right ?

I noticed a few things from ths article that were a little bit unusual or I should say different from what I thought I knew.
    One was that Mary says that her and Cindy were offered the same amount for RTL. I always thought that Cindy was offered less. Also, if memory serves me right Cindy was always paid the same amount as Mary during her reign under Diana Ross and The Supremes eventhough now she is considered a "replacement".

Also, it was good to hear Mary say that she knew she could not sing or at least sing LEAD until after she made that final move to leave the Supremes. In fact it wasn't until the grouping of MSS that she states she really didn't know what singing Lead meant until then.

I do like the FLOS very much but come on Mary, it is obvious that Lynda was a Supreme as well. In fact you picked her over her sister to become a part of the group.

Oh yeah and Motown, let her go for recording those four songs ? Did she breach her contract ? I didn't really understand that. I think Motown let her go because her album bombed, she was causing trouble for the company and Motown signed her on after leaving the Supremes to shut her down. They always offer you a recording contract, heck they offered Flo one as well but she turned them down FLAT.

Finally, Diana has been asked to do the reunion again and her answer was; "I tried that before." In fact there is not a lot of demand for that right now. Only the last of the die hard fans want to see that blood bath. It is over !!! The Supremes had their years on stage.
    Last edited by captainjames; 03-22-2012 at 05:25 AM.

Is Mary Wilson the Otis Williams of the Supremes? Is Otis Williams, the Mary Wilson of the Temptations?
    In a word: Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by ivyfield View Post
    In a word: Yes.
    I disagree. Whereas I could count on one hand the numbers of leads that Otis Williams has done with the Temptations, Mary Wilson I believe, has sung lead or partial lead more than any other Supreme after Jean Terrell and Diana Ross.