[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry you guys... but Geraldo is exactly right. For 15 years now, youth have been dressing like criminals because they think it's "cool". and furthermore, you can probably bet this boy had his pants on the ground, so walking around with your hand in the waistband to hold them up, some people are gonna think your'e going for a gun. you absolutely SHOULD only be judged on your actions, but a person don't need to tempt fate, either. It's not his or his parents' fault as much as it is the fault of society and black culture for not rejecting the concept of children being allowed to dress like criminals, and have it be accepted. And Al sharpton wasn't being generous coming down there when his mother just died... he was wantin to be in front of the TV cameras. Jesse Jackson could have handled that rally. Don't get me wrong, Zimmerman was obviously wrong from what i've heard so far. But I don't believe in doing, saying, and wearing things that will set off unstable people.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Sorry you guys... but Geraldo is exactly right. For 15 years now, youth have been dressing like criminals because they think it's "cool". and furthermore, you can probably bet this boy had his pants on the ground, so walking around with your hand in the waistband to hold them up, some people are gonna think your'e going for a gun. you absolutely SHOULD only be judged on your actions, but a person don't need to tempt fate, either. It's not his or his parents' fault as much as it is the fault of society and black culture for not rejecting the concept of children being allowed to dress like criminals, and have it be accepted. And Al sharpton wasn't being generous coming down there when his mother just died... he was wantin to be in front of the TV cameras. Jesse Jackson could have handled that rally. Don't get me wrong, Zimmerman was obviously wrong from what i've heard so far. But I don't believe in doing, saying, and wearing things that will set off unstable people.
    You're wrong, wrong, wrong. With that way of thinking, you're going to have to wear a long coat down to your ankles everytime you go out in case you attract a rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    You're wrong, wrong, wrong. With that way of thinking, you're going to have to wear a long coat down to your ankles everytime you go out in case you attract a rapist.
    I'm not wrong.what happens IS wrong! But we got to deal with reality, and what IS, not what should be. The rape thing is apples and oranges. I don't think you'd be raped for wearing a low cut dress...but some man might come up to you and ask how much you charge.

I'm not wrong.what happens IS wrong! But we got to deal with reality, and what IS, not what should be. The rape thing is apples and oranges. I don't think you'd be raped for wearing a low cut dress...but some man might come up to you and ask how much you charge.
    This is asinine [[in my opinion, you're entitled to your own). This is the same reasoning that permits cops to pull over black men driving expensive new cars because a lot of crooks blow their loot on expensive vehicles. So, we should all wear business suits and drive around in 1975 Novas to show that we aren't crooks? Whatever.

Forget the fact that probably 99% of the kids sporting this look aren't crooks, so we should be afraid of all for the actions of a few. Regardless, it's good to know that we live in a society where a black kid is considered complicit in his own murder by basically walking around while being black.

Oh, and men have been acquitted of rape in instances where women dressed "too provocatively", so you're in that fool's chorus to suggest that someone cannot control his/her actions based upon his snap judgments based upon appearance. Congratulations.

Hi jillfoster,
    Are the "children being allowed to dress like criminals," or are the criminal dressing like the children? Jerry Oz pointed out that 99% of people sporting that look are not criminals. I could go on about how criminals try to look like the rest of us but I'll spare everyone a dissertation.

smark21 Guest
    This is not the first time Jill Foster aka David Smothers has made explosive comments about race. I remember on Yahoo he called Susaye Green a “baboon” and a “n****r” because Susaye insisted she sang on all songs on High Energy.

I wear hoodies on weekends, but I’ve never been hunted down by a gun crazy self appointed neighborhood watch “leader”. Maybe because I’m white and Iive in a racist society where I have privilege when it comes to matters of racial profiling?

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    This is not the first time Jill Foster aka David Smothers has made explosive comments about race. I remember on Yahoo he called Susaye Green a “baboon” and a “n****r” because Susaye insisted she sang on all songs on High Energy.
    Thank you for letting us know that! I will now put Jillfoster on my ignore list too. I have no interest in conversing with religious nuts, self-righteous narcissists, or racists.
    Last edited by soulster; 03-24-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Thank you for letting us know that! I will now put Jillfoster on my ignore list too. I have no interest in conversing with religious nuts, self-righteous narcissists, or racists.
    It's just too damn bad that you would put me on ignore after youv'e been reading my posts for how long? Because some asshole makes an unfounded accusation?

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Whoa.....! Jillfoster is not a racist! That made me chuckle when I read that LOL! I was around back in those days when people were pulling all kinds of nasty tricks to discredit others that they did not agree with. It's been done to me. Jill is cool which can cause problems for the "un-cool" in and of itself!

Now back to the topic of discussion here. I do not agree with what Geraldo Rivera is saying about the wearing of a hoodie. I do acknowledge that you are VERY much judged by your appearance and what you are wearing in this country. Back when I had longer hair, I use to get the "slick" comments. I can walk into a bank on a Tues afternoon in my customary suit & tie for work and be treated respectfully. I can walk into that same bank on a Saturday morning in sweats, unshaven and in a ballcap and have to almost look or someone to wait on me, to provide service! I do believe we should have the freedom to dress how ever we like and drive wherever we want. I have been stopped when driving a new car. I have been followed out of certain "off limits" neighborhoods after visiting friends there. It is a sickness in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Whoa.....! Jillfoster is not a racist!
    I never said he/she was. I was simply saying that people who fit any of the descriptions are a waste of time for me to engage in. One of them thinks she is so egomaniacal that she can't handle it if anyone dares to disagree with her.

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post

I wear hoodies on weekends, but I’ve never been hunted down by a gun crazy self appointed neighborhood watch “leader”. Maybe because I’m white and Iive in a racist society where I have privilege when it comes to matters of racial profiling?
    What the fuck are you talking about? You need to get a grip. Some stalker bitch tried to make it LOOK like I said such things [[12 years ago, I might add), but I never did. You all are totally misunderstanding what I'm saying. I said that Zimmerman was totally wrong, or did you stop reading before you got to that part? It wasn't what CAUSED it, but it was a contributing factor. The culture of rap and thuggery has done a great deal to undermine the civil rights movement, and that's why everyone is so defensive about it, because they damn well know it's true. I said before, earlier in the thread, the TRUE fault lies with the cheap ass Homes Association, not hiring a TRAINED security guard, and relying on hot headed dumbshits to do their security. Smark, since you are so sure I'm wrong, why don't you put on a chiffon gown and walk down main street of any small town in Mississippi, and see what reaction you get?? That's all I'm sayin. The world is WRONG for being this way... do I need to repeat it? WRONG!!! WRONG!!!! WRONG!!!!!! But it's reality, people ought to deal with what IS, and then work to change things to the way they SHOULD BE.
    Last edited by jillfoster; 03-24-2012 at 10:20 PM.