[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks for sharing. I'm always amazed when someone either latches onto being bi-racial or when people [[especially black people) attack them because probably 95%+ of African-Americans are of mixed heritage. Many of us who have two "black" parents have more white blood than black. The whole concept of race is ridiculous. And when it's used to hold someone back, it's lazy at best and evil at worst.

I wonder why history books don't put high incidents like the New Orleans lynchings, Rosewood, Black Wall Street and the killings and ostracizing of Irish people in New York City in more prominent historical focus? It's perhaps the least appreciated but most important aspect of American social history and most of us only learn about it when it's brought to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Thanks for sharing. I'm always amazed when someone either latches onto being bi-racial or when people [[especially black people) attack them because probably 95%+ of African-Americans are of mixed heritage. Many of us who have two "black" parents have more white blood than black. The whole concept of race is ridiculous. And when it's used to hold someone back, it's lazy at best and evil at worst.

I wonder why history books don't put high incidents like the New Orleans lynchings, Rosewood, Black Wall Street and the killings and ostracizing of Irish people in New York City in more prominent historical focus? It's perhaps the least appreciated but most important aspect of American social history and most of us only learn about it when it's brought to our attention.
    Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  21.1 KB
    Ha! Ha! ALL Americans are African-Americans, because ALL Humans trace their ancestry back to Africa. All Humans can also trace their ancestry back to green algae. So, why do we look down on people whose ancestors lived in one continent or another. I, myself, have NEVER spent one whole year of my life on the same continent all year long. Would my great grandchildren be discriminated against for being North American, South American, African or Asian. Or might they discriminate against them for coming from someone who never had a home country?

We Humans, as a whole, are MUCH, MUCH more alike with each other, than our closest fellow species, Chimpanzees and Bonobos are with their fellow species members in their various breeding groups.

Perhaps we're TOO alike. Which may be why we are effecting our planet's environment in a destructive way.