[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Now I see why I block some fools in this forum... if y'all wanna be self-hating kneegrows, fine, but spew that BS to Breitbart, not here.
    Who the heck is detmotown to tell us what to say or write or think. If it was another ex Motown superstar hed be blasting her along with his BFF.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Who the heck is detmotown to tell us what to say or write or think. If it was another ex Motown superstar hed be blasting her along with his BFF.
    I'm grown, so whoever he/she is can't dictate a damn thing to me, and thus can do what Jerry suggested and kick rocks. But you make an interesting point. I wonder how different the responses might be by some if it were a certain other Motown diva. Full disclosure, I even had to ask myself if I would feel any different if it were my favorite Motown diva, and I actually took a bit of time to ponder the answer. Ultimately I concluded that as hurt I would be, even she would have to end up in my "not another dime from me" category. I would lose all respect for her, as I have Gladys. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I'm grown, so whoever he/she is can't dictate a damn thing to me, and thus can do what Jerry suggested and kick rocks. But you make an interesting point. I wonder how different the responses might be by some if it were a certain other Motown diva. Full disclosure, I even had to ask myself if I would feel any different if it were my favorite Motown diva, and I actually took a bit of time to ponder the answer. Ultimately I concluded that as hurt I would be, even she would have to end up in my "not another dime from me" category. I would lose all respect for her, as I have Gladys. It is what it is.
    I'll just keep it real: if Patti had done it, I wouldn't play her songs again. Same with...that other Motown diva. It would be case closed and I wouldn't venture into that sub-section of the forum because it would hurt me that bad. Because those other two have a deeper effect on me than Gladys ever did. With Gladys, I just roll my eyes and shake my head. Except for Friendship Train, I haven't seen her be outspoken about social ills in her music, yet folks wanna compare her to Aretha, who had far more credentials as an actual civil rights activist than any diva in her time [[with the obvious exception of Mavis Staples, another civil rights activist who won't be caught dead doing this).