Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
So what would you have released for the group in '66 besides IHAS, which was released in February?
there were four big pop hits from A Go Go and Sing HDH. i think the idea of merging them into 1 lp is unlikely. if for no other reason than profit. you only needed 2 or so hits to carry and album. and You Can't Hurry Love was their biggest seller to date. so you quickly package it up with a groovy and current title [[A Go Go), make it all dance tunes and almost all very popular well known songs. so major seller

then you have two more major hits so, once again, package an album up around them

i'm not saying that all of the content on both is uniformly strong. I've always wondered a bit if Sing HDH wasn't conceptualized and titled in order to toss the guys a bone. Berry has this done in order to appease them and give them some love and recognition, along with the big royalties it would generate. rather than giving them the stock or whatever profit plans they wanted as part of the renegotiation.