[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    these aren't my fav gowns either. I don't care for the peach-y color base of the dress. without the feather wraps/jackets, they look a bit more sleek and stylish

but yes! those mini dresses were amazing!!
    I kind of liked those gowns WITHOUT the boa-jackets/wraps [[which made the outfits too Vegas-y for my taste) because they were rather low-cut and showed an impressive amount of skin. [[Gay guy here, folks--no interest in their boobs, but they [especially Lynda's] looked impressive in those gowns!) Sometimes it seemed like the taste level was off--sometimes for an entire ensemble and sometimes just for a single piece of it. In the '70s [[just like the '60s, of course), I preferred when they looked contemporary and sexy over re-using 60s ensembles which were not as overtly sexy.

I liked those short white dresses with the long "tassels" [[not what they were, but I can't think of what else to call them at this moment!) because they showed plenty of leg and were sexy--contemporary. Compare this kind of plenty of leg with the crushed velvet pink numbers from 1974-75 that we've talked about. It worked on the white stretchy dresses with the long tassels... it didn't work with the heavy pink crushed velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    I kind of liked those gowns WITHOUT the boa-jackets/wraps [[which made the outfits too Vegas-y for my taste) because they were rather low-cut and showed an impressive amount of skin. [[Gay guy here, folks--no interest in their boobs, but they [especially Lynda's] looked impressive in those gowns!) Sometimes it seemed like the taste level was off--sometimes for an entire ensemble and sometimes just for a single piece of it. In the '70s [[just like the '60s, of course), I preferred when they looked contemporary and sexy over re-using 60s ensembles which were not as overtly sexy.

I liked those short white dresses with the long "tassels" [[not what they were, but I can't think of what else to call them at this moment!) because they showed plenty of leg and were sexy--contemporary. Compare this kind of plenty of leg with the crushed velvet pink numbers from 1974-75 that we've talked about. It worked on the white stretchy dresses with the long tassels... it didn't work with the heavy pink crushed velvet.
    the leather fringe on those mini dresses was hot as hell. super sexy. MJC also wore some killer hot pants and halter tops [[on the intro to Flip Wilson). it's certainly of the time and i think worked for them

some of the pantsuits worked rather well too. the pink ones from Glen Campbell, the white fringe ones from Andy Williams, the green fringe from Tom Jones.

I also like the look from the Floy Joy album. by 72, i think they could have done more with experimenting with less sequins, less matching outfits.