[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "Reachin' For Something I Can't Have" was a single in the UK, I believe.

My favorite song from that album is "The Stranger," which I posted a thread about a while ago. A very dark, brooding song about a one night stand isn't something you'd find often on a Motown record. It might have been too downbeat for a hit single, but it has a great vocal by Wanda, and the Marvelettes are definitely on this record in the background though I think augmented by the Andantes. It definitely deserved a better fate than being buried near the end of Side 2!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    "Reachin' For Something I Can't Have" was a single in the UK, I believe.

My favorite song from that album is "The Stranger," which I posted a thread about a while ago. A very dark, brooding song about a one night stand isn't something you'd find often on a Motown record. It might have been too downbeat for a hit single, but it has a great vocal by Wanda, and the Marvelettes are definitely on this record in the background though I think augmented by the Andantes. It definitely deserved a better fate than being buried near the end of Side 2!
    "The Stranger" really threw me for a loop when I heard it! I love the rawness of soulfulness of it. Ivy Hunter really did some fantastic work with the group. I think he was always trying to do something new and fresh with them. I love the very relaxed vocals of Katherine and Ann on this one too. Sassy and with that great "Girl Talk" vibe.