[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    oh ho ho Mary!! lol you are wrong! lol hehehe

DMC wore those white gowns with the gold and pearl diagonal stripes on them until late 68. So those are 2 years old. there are a bunch of pics of them and Diana is sporting than pixie afro wig from LC and Shame lol
    Touch. Or, touche'. LOL.

However Diana wearing a 2 year old gown can't stack up against Mary wearing a 20 year old gown. She got her monies worth well into the 1980's. Maybe even 1990's.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Touch. Or, touche'. LOL.

However Diana wearing a 2 year old gown can't stack up against Mary wearing a 20 year old gown. She got her monies worth well into the 1980's. Maybe even 1990's.
    yeah i've always been torn with the reusing of the old gowns. some of them are so classic that i don't mind it. some though were too dated. I think there were other options, especially for the MSS lineup they could have explored.

one time while watching some of the DVD extras for Dreamgirls, the costume designer talked about the items she created for the movie. and she said that while there was SOME influence from the Supremes, she took more from Cher and Donna Summer. Frankly she thought the Sups look was a bit too modest and wanted [[and i agree with her) to have a more modern interpretation of the fashions of that time.

if you look at the gowns, there were a few halter top styles but overall they really were much more covered up. at least until mid 70s. MSS tried to spice things up a little by wearing the Jesus robes quite open, but frankly that look didn't really work since there was SOOOOOOOO much excessive fabric in those outfits. just swamped S and S. and they looked so heavy and bulky. maybe if the base material had been more sheer and lightweight.