[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wow, that record is definitely ahead of its time Boogie. The Salsoul label caught my attention, but I think it‘s one of those albums that Salsoul distributed but is not actually a Salsoul production.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Wow, that record is definitely ahead of its time Boogie. The Salsoul label caught my attention, but I think it‘s one of those albums that Salsoul distributed but is not actually a Salsoul production.
    Hi Tom Tom ! Glad you gave it a listen!
    Some people try to separate disco and electronic music but in the day the blend of the two seemed to happen quite naturally. In 1977 no one gave a second thought to hearing this in a club right after something from Philly even though it was truly quite revolutionary and a sign of things to come.

Salsoul did sign up some acts outside those produced in their own shop. Claudja Barry , one of my faves, did her work in Germany that was then often sweetened in the states by Tom Moulton.