[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    On some of their releases, Collectables used to use vinyl in quite terrible shape. I recall this happening on their first Linda Jones compilation as well as one on Gloria Lynne.

The latter had some particularly bad examples, surface noise so bad that you could barely hear the recording. I was surprised that a label would issue such inferior product. In her book, Gloria wrote that Collectables actually borrowed her copies of her Everest albums to use so that they could put them out on cd.
    I too bought that Linda Jones CD! I saw there was a newer release recently which seems to be a little more complete although I don’t recall what label it was, but I want to be sure it’s an improvement before I spend money on it. She’s a tough vocalist to collect because I don’t think she recorded very much and she died so young. But some of her work is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I too bought that Linda Jones CD! I saw there was a newer release recently which seems to be a little more complete although I don’t recall what label it was, but I want to be sure it’s an improvement before I spend money on it. She’s a tough vocalist to collect because I don’t think she recorded very much and she died so young. But some of her work is amazing.
    Subsequently she has had collections on Empire Musicwerks, Real Gone, and Kent. I don't think vinyl was used on any of these. If so, I can't tell.

Also good is her lost live cd NEVER MIND THE QUALITY...FEEL THE SOUL.