LaDonna,

I just wanted to point out something which will underscore some of the points that I've been trying to make here.

I've been away from the forum lately, so I decided to visit the "Motown" section, the "Diana Ross Receives Grammy" thread specifically, which I knew would serve to prove my point. As usual, those Motown threads are the gift that keeps giving.

You're saying that Ralph doesnt apply rules evenly & fairly, yet in that thread, on the one page that I read both you & another individual chose to call out a fellow forumer in that thread. When I live, that is generally regarded as a practice known as "baiting", something designed to either cause embarrassment for someone or to elicit a negative response from that person.

The point being is how can you complain about the stench coming from another when your own hands are covered with shit right up to the elbows? How anyone complain about Ralph when they obviously enjoy playing the game of "Tit For Tat" themselves? HelenKellerin braille can see the digs being taken in that thread, yet Ralph's said nothing. He said nothing to you, said nothing to anyone else. And while Marv made a statement about Clive's party being a yearly event, I don't see where he called out any specific forum member, nor somuch as uttered any specific forum member by name.

Can you say the same thing?

You're asserting that Ralph's not applying the same rules evenly & equally. But even though you & others took DIRECT shots & digs at Marv, from your posts last night I can see that as ''unfair'' as Ralph is you're still here, Marv's still here & so are those who took their digs at Marv directly.

It simply seems to me that it's more than a little hypocritical for anyone to scream about ''injustice'' when they're willing participants in misbehavior themselves.

So I guess that my question then becomes, upon which of those who took clear digs at Marv in that thread should Ralph begin dispensing ''equal'' justice?

From where I sit all of this appears to be a case of "hit dog holler''. Nothing less & nothing more.

Truthfully, the biggest problem with all of this is simply that some 40 - 50 year-olds simply haven't come to grips with the fact that it's possible to be a fan without behaving as FANATICS & those five letters at the end makes all of the difference in the world. Artists love fans, fanatics...not so much because fanatics sometimes fail to recognize where the real world ends & where fantasy begins.

It's a sobering thought to consider that John Lennon & Selena [[just to name two) were murdered by one of their ''fans''. I believe that if either could speak today, they'd wish that that ''fan'' had loved them just a little less & David Bowie or Esmeralda Espana just a little bit more.

Be it Marvin Gaye, The Temptations or Rockwell, given the many great artistswho've passed through the doors of Hitsville, 900 threads about any ONE Motown artist is a bit scary to me.