[REMOVE ADS]

Thread: Remember when?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    I remember sledding in the park as a kid on a wooden sled. In the summer time, we'd take big pieces of cardboard to the top of a hill near the railroad tracks and slide down on the dirt, gravel and grass. The hill was about 35 feet high and had about a 45 degree angle. We called it Kill Hill.

Kids don't need a whole lot to have fun.
    You got that right. Kids, THEN didn't need a whole lot to have fun. I remember as a kid, my buddies Mark, Rich and Jack after a good rain, would sit on the curb on our street and race popsicle sticks down the gutter, in the rain water to see which once would get to the sewer first and fall in! LOL! We were real creative kids back then. Mark has passed away, I haven't seen Jack in well over 15 years and I see Rich from time to time at the park for school reunions.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    you got that right. Kids, then didn't need a whole lot to have fun. I remember as a kid, my buddies mark, rich and jack after a good rain, would sit on the curb on our street and race popsicle sticks down the gutter, in the rain water to see which once would get to the sewer first and fall in! Lol! We were real creative kids back then. Mark has passed away, i haven't seen jack in well over 15 years and i see rich from time to time at the park for school reunions.
    hey marv,did you ever just pick up two sticks and pretend that they were fighting?

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    hey marv,did you ever just pick up two sticks and pretend that they were fighting?
    Oh yeah, sure. We did everything. We even use to make our own sling shots by taking a wire hanger, bending it and molding it into a "U" and a handle. We cut up a pair of old sneakers and use the material to hold the rocks and rubberbands tied together to give it it's "sling" LOL!