Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
Soul II Soul, Loose Ends, Junior, Mica Paris were all popular British R&B artists in the 80s. Some really good music came from them.
Junior's second album was called Inside Looking Out and it didn't have anything that charted on it. The only single that I recall from it was "Communication Breakdown", which didn't play much on radio. But the album is actually really good. Nothing to really dance to, but it's a calm and mellow and well-produced record. It was one of those that I listened to a second time even though it didn't blow me away at first. Nothing on it was as interesting and easy to dance to as "Mama Used To Say". I used to buy so many records that I have some that I've only heard once to this day. But on the second pass, Inside Looking Out was actually a really fine album.

And I recall going to a concert to see Loose Ends, Keith Sweat and Troop somewhere in the early 90s when Loose Ends cancelled out. They were scheduled to be the second set and had never performed here before. When they announced [[after Troop left the stage) that they wouldn't perform, I thought there would be a riot. People went off because Keith Sweat had just been in Columbus four months earlier and most of the concert-goers paid to see him again only so that they could see Loose Ends.

They booed Keith Sweat until he told them that he had nothing to do with the cancellation and asked why they were taking it out on him. Might as well enjoy the show. Calmer heads prevailed, the booing stopped, and the show went on. It wasn't as good as his earlier show, though and I wonder if he shortened it because of the booing.