[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Speaking of covers, Roger had some big balls with a funk cover of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine". This was huge in Columbus in the '80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Speaking of covers, Roger had some big balls with a funk cover of "I Heard It Through The Grapevine". This was huge in Columbus in the '80s.
    Oh this was a killer on the dance floor. I was so lucky to have the opportunity to meet and hang out with Roger at S.O.B.'s in NYC back around 1996 when he was a DJ on KISS FM. He performed at S.O.B.'s and during their break we hung out outside while having smokes. He was amazed that I knew Shirley Murdock being that we all lived in Ohio at one point. I was shocked when Roger passed.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Oh this was a killer on the dance floor. I was so lucky to have the opportunity to meet and hang out with Roger at S.O.B.'s in NYC back around 1996 when he was a DJ on KISS FM. He performed at S.O.B.'s and during their break we hung out outside while having smokes. He was amazed that I knew Shirley Murdock being that we all lived in Ohio at one point. I was shocked when Roger passed.
    My brother told me about Roger when he fronted the Human Body. They performed a set at the Air Force base where he was stationed. He couldn't believe how well the band played when this cat was running around in a g-string. I'd find out that Roger was fond of that g-string in the early 80's when I saw him and Zapp play in Columbus. Truly a showman and a great musician. And if all the stories I heard about him are true, he's was a remarkably generous man as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    My brother told me about Roger when he fronted the Human Body. They performed a set at the Air Force base where he was stationed. He couldn't believe how well the band played when this cat was running around in a g-string. I'd find out that Roger was fond of that g-string in the early 80's when I saw him and Zapp play in Columbus. Truly a showman and a great musician. And if all the stories I heard about him are true, he's was a remarkably generous man as well.
    Oh he was a really nice guy. I'm met quite of few musicians and so-called "stars" and Roger was one of the really cool, down to Earth individuals. That night I met him, he actually asked me how they were doing and if they sounded good. This was the mid-90s and he had performed all over the World by that time!

YES!
    I remember Cobra! How about Shabba Ranks?