Quote Originally Posted by Constantin View Post
Of course, all artist can do covers. What bothers me with all this Supremes stuff is that all these women say they were "the Supremes" when they weren't the lead singer actually. What is the point hearing a background singer singing lead if in the original record the lead singer is another person? Would you go to a Cissy Houston concert if she says "I'm Elvis Presley"? What bothers me is that they just try to make some money on something they are loosely related with. It's time for all these women to do something else, to sing other songs than Diana Ross's. But no, their entire "career" is based on that. And it's a lie.
Good points. I would never go to an SOS concert. They are a tribute group, but insist on being called The Supremes and claim to have a link to the group. DECEPTIVE, but based a little on truth since after the group broke up , Mary billed herself as Mary Wilson and the Supremes and Kaaaren was one of the "Supremes". The fans know that there was no such thing as the Eighties Supremes. I have been to Mary Wilson concerts , but I go to hear her sing non-Supreme songs which she does very well. If I want to hear Baby Love, or Stop, we thankfully still have Diana with us and she still is in amazing form and voice. I saw her last year and expect to see her again. Although, I better hurry. It was implied in another thread that she will not be with us much longer.