Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  21.1 KB
Chicago Soul, '60s Soul, Rhythm & Blues/vocal group harmony, Jazz [[all types, especially Avant Garde, Afro-Latin), Boogie Woogie, Chicago Blues, Delta Blues, Gospel/Spiritual, Bluegrass/Hillbilly/country Folk, Rockabilly, Surf music, European Classical, Gaelic Music [[Irish, Scots, Bulgarian bagpipe, etc,), Japanese, Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew, Gypsy, Turkish, Brasilian, Peruvian flute music, Some American folk music, Some Cabaret music. some show tunes, Some Reggae and Some opera, movie & TV themes [[especially Mike Post), Sousa marches. I like just about everything except "commercial C&W", certain American Folk music, Punk, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Acid Rock, Country Rock, most novelty songs, very repetitive Reggae, and vapid, uninspired MOR. I'd rather listen to rattling chains than Heavy Metal, Punk or Bob Dylan, or Pat Boone sing an R&B cover.

I'd rather listen to Bulgarian bagpipe music than AC/DC, Iggy and The Stooges, Buck Owens, Jerry Vale, Bruce Springstein, Meatloaf, Bob Dylan, The Beatles after 1964. And yet, I like The Stanley Brothers, Pete Seeger, The Four Tunes, The Beatles before 1965. I don't like much American music that I've heard after 1970 or so. I'd rather listen to Maurice Chevalier than "The Bird is The Word" by The Rivingtons. But, I'd rather listen to the latter than "Talk Talk" by Music Machine, any song by Dylan, or anything by Joe Cocker, or by The Crew Cuts or Jefferson Airplane.

I like acoustic instruments over electric, Melody is very important to me, as well as structured music writing.