Quote Originally Posted by RBTEMPSFAN View Post
Ok, Kenneth, but remember that these people on stage last night were out trying to earn a living. It is not these performers who kept the real Marvelettes and the real Platters from working. It was Smokey who gambled away the name Marvelettes. He sold out the same group that he wrote the hits for.

Also remember that there were musicians last night and lighting men and ushers and parking people who all made some money last night and kept alive the name Marvelettes.

I wish also that they mentioned Glady and Kat and Wanda - but probably only old guy like me would have known who they were talking about.

I would rather throw a tomato at the person who won the bet and put together all of the fake Marvelettes groups while Wanda and Kat and Gladys still could have earned a living.
I know, I know, but it's a matter of integrity. Many performers, however hard up, would not agree to perform in one of these travesties. We all have to earn a living, but it comes down to a personal choice based on one's own core values if you compromise yourself or not.

I mean, you could make the same claim about some people who sell drugs because the only opportunity they see for themselves is a minimum wage job. Some will still choose the minimum wage job. I prefer to think that is what I would do, and that is the person I admire in that situation.