[REMOVE ADS]

Coming July...I Hear A Symphony on green vinyl from Elemental Music

I hope Elemental will release some harder to get titles this year.

Nice. Keep 'em coming!

Is this new release remastered?

So nice to see someone is releasing Supremes!

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    So nice to see someone is releasing Supremes!
    Yes it is... but on the wrong damn format, for many of us. Finished with vinyl, long long ago, and there ain't no turnin' back LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Starguard4 View Post
    Yes it is... but on the wrong damn format, for many of us. Finished with vinyl, long long ago, and there ain't no turnin' back LOL.
    I'm with you Starguard4.

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Is this new release remastered?
    It's not a new remaster that was done for this vinyl release. They're likely using hi-res digital transfers/files from previous Universal releases that came out on CD and digital. I was listening to my copy of Elemental's Where Did Our Love Go vinyl today and while the pressing quality is very good [no pops, clicks], the audio seems to have come from a digital source. I did a comparison with my original stereo vinyl of WDOLG and I noticed it has more warmth, bass and depth/detail, whereas the Elemental release sounds compressed and less detailed. That being said, it's harder and harder to find original vinyl pressings nowadays without the wear and tear, so these new pressings are a decent alternative. Plus, it allows The Supremes' music to live on via the increasingly popular vinyl format, which is being sought out and collected by the younger generations.
    Last edited by carlo; 05-23-2024 at 09:01 PM.

Here is the confirmation that someone previously received from Elemental regarding some of their jazz releases that they had licensed from Universal:

""All these titles are sourced from HI RES unmastered originals in digital files delivered by UMG. They were prepared for vinyl in a Studio here in Europe. Don’t have much info about the mastering process involved in preparing a master for vinyl."

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threa...d-news.733338/

I'll be saving $30 on this one. The EE done by Andy et al is the one to have.