Quote Originally Posted by BayouMotownMan View Post
I remember reading this review back in 74, when us fans had to snail mail and depend on expensive long distance calls to keep up. It is interesting how different this review was to the one just a year prior at the same venue, which was so bad that it pushed Jean Terrell over the edge and she decided to quit.

Motown really had no intention of re-starting the group. But Mary and the fans made sure that Berry Gordy and his staff read these reviews. When Scherrie joined, the reviews were superb and she was usually singled out. At the time of this performance the ladies had no contract with Motown. But Motown finally took notice and at the end of 1974, the ladies re-signed with the company.
Just want to say, BayouMotownMan I always appreciate your valuable insight here and elsewhere on how things actually were in the world of The Supremes, especially for fans like me who weren't around then.

Quite interesting in a way to see how by this time, Mary was increasingly using the press to navigate the politics of Motown and the music business.