Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
hehehe should we really take this thread sideways and get into the RTL discussion again? with Scherrie's comments about how Mary's manager later regretted their approach/decision?

i do remember chats years ago about the idea of the other ladies participating in the tour. Scherrie and Lynda had the benefit, along with Mary, of being very active with touring. so the producers could have easily found very recent clips of them performing and confirmed that their pipes were all in excellent condition. but Jean and Cindy were not at all active so i don't think it's completely inappropriate that the producers might say "hmmm are they up to a big high-profile tour?"

I thought that in some discussion that someone mentioned the producers wanting the other women to sort of "audition" or something. i'm really, really trying to dust off old memories and i don't want to misquote anyone. i sort of thought Susaye was mentioning some of this on one of those old Midnight Johnnie radio shows. i don't know if she implied it or others but some of the women were like "audition?!?!? of all the nerve!!" again, i'm not trying to put words in susaye's or anyone's mouth.