Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
Too much is made of these minor issues.
But it's not a minor issue, and frankly you bring it up quite often. I realize it's your way of taking digs at the Supremes not named Diana, and that's fine, but at least be honest about it. That post TJ made flat out claimed that the Andantes "were on the majority of the Supremes record from "SITNOL" forward", which is factually inaccurate, and then you backed up that claim with your anecdote about what somebody told you regarding the backing vocals. You told me to do my research. I detailed my research. You glanced at it. I would've thought you'd have given me a grade on the thesis after my research.

Flo and Mary's contribution to the Supremes is firmly intact regarding what we saw: those three beautiful ladies together, on stage, on television, poised, glammed up, something to behold. And their live singing was fantastic, their chemistry with one another, those voices finding their places together...it all made for a history making image. But when someone makes the claim that the records were all basically Diana Ross solo recordings and Flo and Mary not being involved is a "minor issue", it's a knock on their legacy. The Supremes were a group and should be respected for the work they put into those records. Those records are a huge part of the group's legacy, and thus a huge part of the legacies of Florence and Mary.