Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
Same here. I loved it from the first time that I heard it. It's a sweet, joyful type of recording. I think it's just another great example of DR bringing the lyrics to life. Almost as if the song was specifically written for her. I can appreciate why Motown would release this after the heaviness of Love Child and I'm Living In Shame. This Miracle's version is rather lifeless and lacks any real energy in comparison. I even think it would have charted better if not for the massive amount of product that Motown had released.

I also think that Brenda Holloway's version of Til Johnny Comes tops the Supreme's version. And I'm surprised that no one has mentioned is the song Misery Makes Its Home In My Heart written and produced by Smoke and Warren. After the title track, I think it's the best song on the Reflections album.

i’ve suggested the same thing before, misery, considering what there was to pick from, was the most viable option. The reflections album wasn’t such a big seller that it would hurt sales of the single. Plus, a great single Mono mix might get everyone to come out and buy the 45 anyway. I always bought the 45 anyway but, I knew some people that didn’t. I just don’t hear any other singles on their last albums. Why must we fall in love, as it has been mentioned many times here was viable, and I think the TCB impossible dream would’ve been a big hit. Follow up to I’m gonna make you love me. Other than that , the same thing played the Supremes as it did in the 70s for both acts: dearth of good material.